1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: All others
Carry1st is the leading mobile game publisher in Africa. The company aims to be the go-to partner for global studios accessing the continent and regional studios going global. In 2020, we look to scale to over 1M monthly active users across Africa, publishing content from partners in Africa and abroad. As a Game Designer, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and developing exciting features for new games. You will drive the process of game design ensuring Carry1st publishes hit games. For third-party games, you will work closely with developers across the world to maximize the potential of their games and ensure successful market launches. We are looking for a mix of innovation and knowledge of the industry; making your ideas reality requires you to be able to articulate a vision and partner with teammates across different verticals and geographies
What will you do?
- Design engaging features and systems on exciting and diverse new titles
- Drive and iterate designs from the initial ideation to final polish working closely with the team
- Conceptualize and develop characters, rules, settings and stories for new games
- Follow industry trends and implement best practices
- Juggle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environment
What Makes a great Candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in game design, computer science or computer engineering.
- Worked on at least 2 different free-to-play games (not hyper-casual)
- Have a preference for focusing on IAP-driven games
- Experience designing systems to engage and retain users
- A strong understanding of game KPIs and how to improve them
- An avid follower of the latest trends in free-to-play gaming
- Experience working with 3rd party developers is a plus
- Portfolio of sample projects
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to build an awesome, industry-changing company
- A flat structure where taking the lead is encouraged
- Equity ownership
Carry1st is a remote-friendly company. We will either support your relocation to join our team in Cape Town (an emerging tech hub that provides an amazing quality of life) or you can work remotely. We started on this journey to build a big, impactful company that catalyzed the game industry in Africa. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for doing hard things, you will find a home at Carry1st. Join us!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈