Ko wai mātou | About us
Ko tō mātou kaupapa nui ko te tuku atu i tō mātou pūngao ki te wāhi e tika ana, kia whakahaukino kore ai i te rāngai pūngao o Aotearoa me te whakatairanga atu i te #changematters. E kaingākau ana mātou mō tō mātou whāinga matua, ā, e whakahīhī ana anō mātou i te iwi tangata kei muri i a mātou e whaiwhai ana i te whāinga kotahi. Nā runga i tēnei whāinga teitei, tērā pea ka ui ake koe ki a koe anō--ka pēhea tēnei āheinga e tautoko ana i tētehi Aotearoa pai ake, Aotearoa mā ake?
Our purpose is to put our energy where it matters, to decarbonise the New Zealand energy sector and promote #changematters. We are passionate about our mission and proud to have a tribe of people behind us working towards a common purposes. With such an ambitious goal, you might ask yourself – how does this opportunity help support a better, cleaner NZ?
One of the critical elements to our success is ensuring we have the right technologies, processes and frameworks to support our people and our plant (power stations) at the right time. We want to continue to grow our culture, where our people are empowered to collaborate, communicate and challenge our thinking through the stuff we mentioned before, essentially to strengthen our technology. This Project Delivery Lead plays a crucial role in making this a reality.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The role of the Project Delivery Lead is to ensure successful delivery and outcomes are realised across ICT projects. Working alongside other delivery managers, project managers, architects and stakeholders from across the business and leading a team of PM's and BA's. You'll act as the orchestrator across multiple projects and initiatives for ICT delivery. You’ll ensure initiatives are well planned, resources are identified, roadblocks are cleared, dependencies are managed, and stakeholders are kept well informed throughout delivery. Here’s a flavour of the stuff you’ll get involved with;
- Liaise with business and technical stakeholders to provide solution estimates.
- Forecast resourcing requirements, work with stakeholders to prioritise competing priority demands and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Coordinate and facilitate the delivery planning across ICT projects, including quarterly prioritization and planning.
- Track and communicate delivery status of initiatives, ensuring that delivery best practice is being followed and within expected timeframes and budget.
- Provide delivery coaching to team members and others as required
The type of experience you’ll bring to the role
It goes without saying that you’ll be exceptionally curious by nature, a true collaborator and have real-world experience to call upon. We’d love to see in your application the following;
- You'll have a passion for leading and coaching others.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of IT delivery, ideally with experience in a range of methodologies including Agile, iterative and waterfall.
- Demonstrated experience managing concurrent deliveries, facilitating planning and prioritization discussion.
- Excellent planning skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in financial management.
He mea nui ngā paki kōrero ki a mātou i Contact, nā reira, mēnā kei a koe tētehi e hāngai pea ana ki tā mātou e kimi nei i tēnei tūranga kei raro iho nei--kei te hiahia mātou kia whakapā mai ai koe!
We are big on stories here at Contact, so if you have one that you think might align with what we are looking for in the role below – we would love to hear from you!
Contact Energy is committed to being an inclusive employer. We want people to be themselves, after all, they can't be anyone else!
Please note, only candidates with the right to live and work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time