Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. We’re a European VC-Backed startup with a host of blue-chip Enterprise clients and a string of awards and grants (including €2m from the EU Horizon 2020 program). If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge, remote company, this could be just the job for you.
For our groundbreaking PaaS solution Platform.sh is looking for a Project Manager to join the newly established Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO will focus on the Operations, Security and Data teams to facilitate and execute requests of work from beginning to completion. The PMO is also tasked with identifying weaknesses in processes and workflows and developing and implementing efficient solutions.
The successful applicant will have a natural knack for leadership and organisation while being adaptable with strong problem solving and multitasking skills. They will also have an understanding of the SaaS, or better yet, PaaS, space and will be able to apply existing knowledge and expertise where possible.
What You’ll Do
Directly reporting to the PMO Manager, your role will include:
- Coordinate internal resources while ensuring resource availability and conflicts are considered
- Work with teams to develop projects plans including scope, process, requirements, milestones and timeline as well as to identify and mitigate risk and dependencies
- Concurrently manage multiple projects through conception, initiation, planning, execution to project close
- Ensure all project milestones are met and all projects are delivered on time within scope
- Identify process or project structure improvements
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Communicate project plans to all parties required, including customer facing notices
- Conduct and write Root Cause Analysis investigations for internal and external use
- Identify, prioritise and coordinate your own daily, weekly and monthly tasks and schedules around company and team priorities.
- Lead and facilitate daily Scrum for project tracking
- Provide regular status reports and updates to project and ticket stakeholders
- Unblock project or ticket related issues by providing hands on support, leadership and initiative
- Identify, prioritise and assign daily, weekly and monthly tasks and schedules to resources while coordinating, managing and reviewing a successful workflow
Project Manager Requirements
- Project Management certification or Scrum certification
- A minimum of three years experience in a technical PM position or similar role
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Adaptable and fast learning with problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and technicalities
- Excellent organisational and technical ability
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high stress situations
Nice to Have:
- Experience with:
- Exposure to cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Remote work experience (bonus points if you’ve led a team!)
* This is a remote job, for the America region
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time