At DoorDash we’re building the most scalable and reliable delivery network to support our three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers. On our Production Engineering and Platform Engineering teams we need to provide fundamental support to the underlying technology services and to the engineers building these services. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
The TPM organization is looking for a Technical Program Manager for our Business Platform Engineering Teams to drive important initiatives of four major engineering pillars: Fraud, Geo Intelligence (Maps), Support, and Post Delivery Experience. Projects/programs will require both individual attention to each pillar while working on the intersection of them all. In this role you will juggle multiple projects/programs while collaborating and influencing senior key stakeholders cross organizationally and owning the results.
What You’ll Do
- Owning Business Platform Programs - You’ll manage critical programs that will allow teams to work seamlessly by collaborating closely with Product, Operations, and Engineering teams to ensure we ship high-quality, well-designed, impactful, and reliable products and platforms.
- Planning & Execution Optimization - You’ll drive optimizations related to planning Engineering objectives and key results, develop frameworks for team execution/ tracking and provide visibility to resource allocation/prioritization to management.
- Stakeholder Management - You’ll manage expectations for all stakeholders from leadership to individual teams and possess strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams.
- Creating & Enforcing High Quality Documentation - You’ll partner with our documentation strategy team and platform teams to develop and enforce succinct and high quality internal documentation related to your programs.
- Navigating the Organization - You’ll build knowledge and trust of internal teams to enable efficient execution of program plans.
- Communications - You’ll manage timely and succinct communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Process - You’ll develop processes to ensure teamwork is streamlined and optimized for complexity and velocity.
- Time Management - You’ll balance urgency and priority while moving the needle on multiple initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- 7-10 years recent experience as a Technical Project Manager, Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
- Minimum 3 years working with teams that ship products/features to consumers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across organizations, bridge gaps between teams, and successfully influence without authority.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details to understand and drive your programs.
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall. Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline.
- Experience working in a startup environment desired.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP certification desired
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time