Business Development Executive
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive with a proven track record with OEM sales and a diverse skill set to join its team. The Business Development Executive is responsible for end-to-end execution of large, global and complex partnerships developing effective positive influencer relationships throughout all deal phases and for successfully launching new complex projects. The Business Development Executive will guide project execution with cross-functional internal teams, including engineering, operations, sales, legal and more.
This role will work with outside partners, ensuring that the complex partnerships we craft are mutually beneficial and long lasting and transitioning them into permanent relationships with Wolfram. The Business Development Executive will possess excellent interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of demonstrating accountability, attention to detail and the ability to handle complex situations with external and internal stakeholders. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, evolving environment.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities within the science and engineering industries
- Converting viable prospects to active Wolfram clients, from leading the full sales conversation and negotiation to leading teams to bring first-of-a-kind partnerships to life
- Analyzing and identifying opportunities to secure new businesses from the OEM customer base, optimizing profit and increasing revenues
- Leading partnership strategy and deal execution
- Leading and negotiating deals end to end, from due diligence and evaluation to contract negotiations and post-deal management, aligned to business and product strategy
- Analyzing the industry to obtain the latest trends, customer needs, competitors’ position and the depth of the customer base to redesign business strategy and develop new partnerships
- Participating in multiple projects simultaneously with the agility to act as a leader, project coordinator or supporting member as required
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting deal performance for complex deals and efficacy relative to expectations post close and supporting maintenance of ongoing relationships with partners to ensure compliance and that commitments are fulfilled
- Resolving customer issues in a timely and thorough manner and escalating issues to the appropriate team(s) as needed
- Proven track record and experience negotiating and closing complex deals
- Creativity, strategic thinking and the ability to use data and market insights to structure high-impact deals
- Extremely proactive and a self-starter with strong project management, negotiation and execution skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for science, math and technology and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- Analytical mindset and strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and stay organized
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and collaborating deeply with product and engineering
- Deep understanding of strategic business development and partnerships experience and an understanding of technology and data licensing business and related models
Location: Champaign, Illinois or remote
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈