As Circonus’ Director of Solutions Engineering, you will be responsible for leading all prospect engagements, structuring and planning PoCs, and delivering enterprise-grade solutions on behalf of our customers. You will hire, coach and manage a team of Solutions Engineers, while encouraging your team to execute the mission as it pertains to their function. Along the way, you will engage with prospects and customers yourself, to help identify customers’ unique needs and clearly communicate the value of Circonus’ solutions.
You will have experience building enterprise-grade solutions, expertise in trending technologies, and a deep understanding of the varied needs of enterprise clients. You will be creative and analytical with a proven track record of effectively bringing innovative software solutions to market, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is 100% remote, and will remain so post-COVID.
- Develop, manage, and mentor a growing team of Solutions Engineers who support product evaluations, PoCs, professional services, technical onboarding, along with expanding the library of ~300 integrations we bring to market; to qualify opportunities, develop solutions, and ensure the resulting customer is happy
- Ensure a deep understanding of Circonus’ products; qualify use-cases we can or cannot support as well identify recommendations that support prospective customer needs
- Work closely with the sales team to discover customer requirements; lead and drive all technical pre and post-sales oriented conversations with prospects and customers
- Oversee development and maintenance of platform demos, demo training, and ensure demo delivery excellence
- Liaise with customers and prospects to ensure expectations and quality goals are met; Plan and modify solutions to meet customer and prospect needs.
- Improve and iterate the solutions engineering playbook, while collaborating with the sales, solutions engineering and customer success teams
- Review and prioritize Solutions Engineering escalations
- Build out and help maintain documentation and knowledge base articles for a variety of technologies
- Provide product feedback, technical insight, and customer requirements to Product team; to bring relevant and unique use-cases to the Product team allowing Circonus to validate and adjust the roadmap
- Assist in closing complex and competitive opportunities
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, ideally with a focus on Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years solutions engineering, sales engineering, and/or related leadership experience with a B2B IT product. Examples include cloud, devops, network security, systems virtualization, etc.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with executives, engineers and operations staff
- Results-oriented mindset with a track record of driving initiatives through to execution
- A collaborative approach to problem-solving and ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
- Extremely strong customer relationship and networking skills
- Proactive self-management owning and completing tasks as needed
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Strong business insight and motivated to develop partnership; excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Ability to travel and stay away from home for short periods of time (after COVID), estimated at 4-6 trips per year
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Prior solutions engineering leadership experience
- Experience and/or senior level technical knowledge of monitoring and analytics solutions
- 10+ years’ experience in the technology industry
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, much like the company itself
Circonus offers a powerful telemetry intelligence platform to handle the world's most demanding use cases. From mission-critical IT infrastructure to data-intensive IoT applications, Circonus works with any tech and at any scale. Circonus uses advanced data science and patented technology to ingest and analyze telemetry data to deliver unmatched clarity, insights, and performance. From real-time alerts and fault detection to ML-based predictive analytics, Circonus helps companies optimize operations and deliver exceptional user experiences with confidence.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from our industry-leading offering and our obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, generous employer health and dental insurance, employer matched 401(k) Plan and more.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time