Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate
1 month ago
Hiring from: Anywhere
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its finance team and have immediate impact and help make sound financial decisions. This position reports into the Director of FP&A and will provide modeling and analytics support at the corporate level. Your work will include but is not limited to tracking performance measurements, guiding the company for strategic decision making, assisting with Long Range Planning, Investor Relations partnership, competitive analysis, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasting.
You are a highly motivated teammate, have excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. Candidates will be required to have excellent Excel modeling and data manipulation skills. The person will partner with finance, accounting, investor relations and the business to guide investment decisions for the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Analyze financial data to build models for decision support and guidance
- Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasting and variance analysis
- Partner with Investor Relations to assist in quarterly earnings preparation and guidance
- Provide analytical support for budgeting, forecasting and long range planning
- Identify and drive operational improvements, creation of ad-hoc reports and dashboards
- 4+ years of experience in a finance related role, ideally in corporate FP&A or investment banking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well versed in accounting with a full understanding of the relationship between the three financial statements
- Modeling, reporting and presentation skills (Excel and G-suite)
- Self starter that adapts well to change in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and has high standard of accuracy and precision
- Prior experience with Adaptive Insights, Oracle is a major plus
- Experience in M&A integration
- Understanding or experience in a marketplace or escrow environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈