Customer Support Agent (US Remote role-EST only!)
Accredible is looking for a full-time Customer Support Agent to grow our world-class customer support team. This role is fully remote, working with a small but rapidly growing team online.
In the past seven years, Accredible has built the best credentialing product in the world. Universities, associations, tech companies and others can create, deliver and manage tens of thousands of digital certificates and open badges with just a few clicks.
To increase the Customer Support team’s capacity to effectively respond to and assist customers, produce and curate valuable knowledge materials, identify and escalate bugs and feature requests, and support product knowledge within internal teams.
To improve the Customer Support Department metrics by month three.
- To reduce average response time to 8 hours or lower
- To increase the response rate of CES surveys to 30%
- To maintain a weekly positive CES score of 85% or higher
To take over up to 50% of total ticket volume by month three.
To identify product bugs and escalate details effectively to Head of Support.
To write and curate high-quality, easy to use articles for the Accredible Knowledge Base (help.accredible.com).
To be able to assist the Head of Customer Support and other department teams with ad-hoc tasks by month three.
To assist in updating the Accredible Knowledge Base to include high-quality video content by the end of year one.
Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Investigative/problem-solving skills- Demonstrates the ability to use the information and tools available to solve complicated problems and find solutions/workarounds where possible.
Communication. Can communicate and work professionally and effectively with the customers, other team members, and colleagues from other departments. This includes exemplary written and spoken English language skills.
Independent and self-motivated. Can be held accountable for tasks and ongoing responsibilities with little supervision.
Empathy and patience - Responds to customers with compassion and seeks to understand their request/point of view.
Efficiency - Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
Intelligence - Learns quickly. Demonstrates the ability to absorb and understand new information and tasks.
Honesty/integrity - Doesn't cut corners. Earns trust and maintains people’s confidence. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
Organization and planning - Is capable of handling multiple tasks without dropping core responsibilities.
Persistence - Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Resilient/calm under pressure - Maintains stable performance when under high pressure or stress.
Team Player - Works well with other team members through collaborative efforts.
Proactive - Thinks 'outside the box' and does not need direction to find strategic ways to make our support system, or recommend suggestions for improving the product.
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience using Zendesk, Hubspot, or another service desk tool.
- Experience using Slack and Google tools.
- Have some technical understanding of digital platforms.
- Experience working with a global remote team.
- Bonus: Spanish language literacy is a plus.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work in an exciting environment with the agility of a start-up.
- Being a key stakeholder to our fast-paced, growing global company.
- Career advancement; we are a start-up, so your role and position within the company have the potential to progress as much as you wish it to.
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you’d like to go and whatever you’d like to do we’ll be there to support you.
Compensation and Benefits
- $25,000- $30,000 (US remote only)
- Flexible working hours (we’re extremely flexible on your availability as long as you get the job done!).
- A close, dedicated startup team who are passionate about improving the education system and who are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital investors.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- 2 hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it’s not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials. We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- 35 days paid Holiday (plus global holidays).