1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Data Engineer to join our data team. In this role, you will be working to empower our organization to make better decisions about how we build tools to train the world’s clinicians and caregivers.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of millions of current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with our Data Team Lead and internal stakeholders to ensure the integrity of our data pipeline, formulate hypotheses, and provide insights that will help drive business decisions.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with other engineers, and stakeholders, of diverse backgrounds to help us manage our data pipeline and answer business questions through data.
- Help design, run and evaluate experiments to help accelerate growth
- Help train others through documentation and hands on training to work with our data systems.
- Do the work of maintaining a data pipeline and warehouse
This position is remote.
- 3 years of professional experience working as a data engineer
- Experience working with Google Cloud environment and specifically BigQuery is preferred.
- You know how to create well designed and tested data models in dbt.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work diligently to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values
- Empathy. Our company values include “Start with the heart” and we take that seriously.
- Strong communication skills. We are a fully distributed company, so the ability to communicate clearly is critical for us.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈