1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info Inc.) is a leading provider of information technology services to government and commercial markets. We are a prime contractor on T4NG (VA), VECTOR (VA), CIO-SP3 (NIH), and VETS2 GWAC (GSA) contract vehicles. VetsEZ is an ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000-1 certified company and has been independently appraised at CMMI-DEV Level 3 by the CMMI institute.
VetsEZ is also a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) in VA's Vendor Information Pages (VIP) and State of California's Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) program.
VetsEZ strongly believes in providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks, and reduce costs for our clients. Subject Matter Experts from VetsEZ provide thought leadership and innovative approaches to federal agencies to shape the future of Healthcare IT. For more information, visit us at www.vetsez.com.
VetsEZ is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to support a critical initiative at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This is a high visibility role, and an ideal candidate will have a strong data and modeling background with the acute product and business acumen to utilize broad expertise and unique knowledge to the development of innovative solutions for complex problems in cloud computing environments. You will work across data teams and departments to optimize workflows, increase automation, and improve internal operations to ensure quality and timely data.
- Establish and maintain the alignment of data architecture to the Agency's business strategy, goals, and objectives, and the defined architectures of other key enterprise architecture domains (i.e., application, data, and security).
- Extend conceptual models with business rules to develop logical data models and own end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested adequately.
- Develop and document analytical models, use statistical analysis, data mining to create high-level data architecture diagrams that document system, and data flow.
- Evaluate alternatives for integrating legacy data sources with enterprise relational models and strategies for transactional and analytical systems to share data effectively.
- Model the data by simulating potential solutions to the business process or business rule deficiencies/efficiencies using machine learning and natural language processing
- Interpret and analyze data collected from a variety of sources using exploratory and statistical techniques, validating findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
- Research, develop, implement, and utilize statistical methods and strategies to address tactical and strategic problem sets while working with a technical team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 8-10 years of related experience in business intelligence and analytics performing increasingly complex data analysis and report/dashboard development.
- 3-5 years of experience with Python and SQL as it pertains to Data Analytics/Data Mining
- Experience with Microsoft tools, Python, Text Mining, Data Warehouse, and Machine Learning technologies. Azure Big Data stack and data science services are a definite plus.
- Experience working with unstructured, structured data including CSV, XML, MSSQL, Oracle.
- Experience working with Python, Django, SQL, Leaflet, Bootstrap, HighCharts, and Tableau for Data engineering.
- Able to solve ambiguous problems in a structured, hypothesis-driven, and data-supported way.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Deep familiarity with BI/Data tools such as Tableau, Spark, Snowflake, etc.
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Corporate Laptop
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Training opportunities
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈