(Senior) Data Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
We are always looking for new talent to join us in our mission to optimize time tracking. As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 13,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the joy of being part of a team that builds a product our customers’ love!
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Data Engineer to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data ingestion and processing pipelines, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data manipulator who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data sources, volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Analyze processed data.
The ideal Candidate
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in data engineering or other related field.
- 4+ years of Python development experience.
- 5+ years of strong SQL experience.
- Experience building workflows as Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAGs) using Apache Airflow.
- Experience with big data tools: Bigtable, BigQuery, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS cloud services.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Bigtable, etc.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience with AWS Glue, AWS Firehose, AWS Kinesis, Avro / Parquet file formats, Snowflake, or data lake architecture is a plus.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Great communicator
- Team player
What's in it for you?
- Remote work options
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada, Iceland and USA
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Come and join our amazing & high-performing tech team!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈