2 months ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- Working with Pythian's Cloud Architects to design and develop end to end Cloud based solutions with heavy focus on application and data, all with good understanding of underlying cloud infrastructure
- Assisting a globally dispersed team of Cloud Consultants, supporting other members of the team in overcoming challenges, removing roadblocks and developing options and solutions
- Working on complex and varied Cloud Data focused projects such as migrating business-critical applications to the cloud, re-platforming or re-architecting difficult data and analytics use cases; Migrate existing data warehouses from on-premise data center or from one cloud provider to another. As an example of our migration approach, read about our Teradata to Google Cloud Platform migration service.
- Help our customers to grow from a data warehouse into a true cloud-native data platform with full multi-source data ingestion and integration.
- Build or move analytic workloads to the cloud for better scalability and efficiency.
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Automate, create reusable accelerators to help get the job done quicker and better
- Perform data processing requirements analysis and data flow integrations with external systems.
- Securing components of clients’ Data platforms.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting of operational issues. Perform Health-checks and configuration reviews.
- Assisting client developers and advising on efficient data access and manipulations.
- While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Cloud Consultant job you will likely have at least 5 years experience in similar roles. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Be fluent in a couple of object oriented language, preferably Java and Python, familiarity with Scala and Go would be a plus.
- Experience building end to end software on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Good knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies & concepts from Google, Amazon or Microsoft (Cloud & Conventional RDBMS), such as BigQuery, Redshift, Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake etc.
- Experience with GCP Dataflow, AWS Glue, Azure DataFactory or any equivalent would be great
- Experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (e.g. warehousing, data marts, data lakes).
- General knowledge of modern data-center and cloud infrastructure including server hardware, networking and storage.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈