2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Famly is on a mission to completely transform the childcare industry. Yeah - we know! It's certainly not fintech, although we do have plenty of financial features in our product. We might not be the latest social media influencer platform, AI company, or produce ride-sharing skateboards. But we do work in an industry where the work we do has a very real chance to ease stress, and save time for those who nurture and educate children. By doing so, it's a chance to have a positive effect on the lives of the children themselves.
We are looking for a talented and meticulous engineer to help ensure everything runs smoothly at all times, and that each and every step, from developer code to the finished product, is tested, packaged, and deployed correctly.
As we expand, both in size and geographically, we are looking to migrate to a more robust solution. One where it's easy to deploy new services, and simple to debug them when something goes wrong. Our current infrastructure mainly consists of Amazon Web Services EC2 instances deployed via Elastic Beanstalk. We also make use of many of their hosted services such as RDS, SNS, SQS and more.
We have high ambitions for Famly as a platform, including better monitoring and observability, better access control, better understanding and visualization of our data and much more.
- Setup, maintain, and expand our infrastructure
- Design, develop, and maintain tooling to improve our development process
- Keep up-to-date on technologies and platforms
- Evaluating which distributed tracing technology is best for Famly, deploying it, and assisting the product team in using it.
- Setting up a metrics database that makes it easy to collect stats from various services.
- Automating our infrastructure through a tool like Terraform or CloudFormation.
Unsure of which of our developer jobs fit you better? We know everyone is different and are happy to accommodate your wishes if you want to take part in multiple aspects of the development process. Simply apply for the job you feel matches you better and let us know in your cover letter.
- Freedom and responsibility when developing new solutions
- Influence on your day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- A forum for honing your skills and getting great feedback
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Proven work experience as a developer or in a similar role
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Engine or similar platform
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- A desire to influence our tech stack and infrastructure choices
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar orchestration tools
- Experience with Scala, python and/or Go
We are looking for a person to get involved and help make Famly not only the best product, but also a rock-solid platform that is a joy for our developers to work with.
We hold high ambitions on both a business and culture level and we want everyone we bring on board to share our passion for making a change in the lives of our users - and never settling for ‘good enough’ when it comes to what our product can do.
At Famly, you’ll be working together with around 40 people, from 15 different countries. We care about each other and the work we do, and always celebrate our victories. Sometimes with champagne.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈