Principal Software Engineer - Design Systems
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Extensibility and Experience team, you’ll enable our teams to leverage the Design System to provide incredible user experiences. In collaboration with Product, QA, UX, and other teams, you’ll identify critical areas, develop roadmaps, and drive immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack. If you’re a strong leader with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll be provided with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report into the Director, Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Design System, including the tools, processes, and procedures that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Continuously drive the evolution of the Design System by empowering, enabling, and coordinating all of frontend to directly contribute to the Design System
- Establish and uphold defensible quality standards for the Design System
- Contribute to both core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- Previous experience building and working with Design Systems
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Proven expertise with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Strong preference for previous experience with ReactJS
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈