(Senior) DevOps Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Rackner Inc is a Kubernetes Certified Service Provider and AWS Consulting Partner that builds innovative solutions for enterprises and startups - from cloud-native and hybrid-cloud application development, to enterprise mobility, managed cloud and cutting-edge cloud architecture - including serverless and microservices.
Core Competencies - Cloud Architecture - Serverless and Microservices - Cloud-Native and Hybrid-Cloud development - Web and Mobile Applications Development - DevOps and Automation
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: VA, MD,DC,CA,TX
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a hands-on DevOps engineering role leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies to deliver Infrastructure as Code in a mixed Linux and Windows cloud environment. The senior DevOps Engineer works within a Hybrid Cloud to effectively harness the power and versatility of AWS technologies in a DevOps model to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. The DevOps Engineer is highly proficient in using DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Ansible), modern scripting languages (Python with Boto3, PowerShell with AWS Tools for PowerShell) and AWS tools (AWS CLI, AWS Services) to deliver Infrastructure as Code in a mixed Linux and Windows cloud environment. The DevOps Engineer also works with and mentors’ peers including conducting peer reviews, evaluating implementations and providing feedback for continuous process improvements.
• 70%: Design and implement AWS cloud solutions with emphasis on delivering Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in a DevOps environment.
• 15%: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with AWS cloud and IaC implementations.
• 10%: Ideate with the product owners, architecture owners, and other DevOps/Cloud engineers on new and innovative solutions and services.
• 5%: Provides mentoring to aide in the development and growth of team members.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
• 6-8 years of Related Work Experience
• Extensive hands-on AWS infrastructure experience including design, implementation, and troubleshooting across a wide range of Amazon Web Services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, etc.
• Strong abilities with designing and implementing IAM policies is a major plus.
• Solid understanding of the core DevOps tools for Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Configuration Management and Automation (Ansible).
• At least 2 years hands-on experience implementing Infrastructure as Code using Python and Boto3.
• Proficient in automated testing of IaC and DevOps pipelines using Python, PowerShell and other tools.
• Experience using PowerShell and AWS Tools for PowerShell is a major plus.
• Proficiency using the AWS CLI.
• Automation and IaC experience with Ansible highly desired.
• Experience working in a DevOps culture and integrating with Agile teams is a must.
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work or as part of an Agile team
- Individual Contributor.
- This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks.
- Security Clearance is not required for this position
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈