(Senior) DevOps Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We are looking to improve our infrastructure and build out our DevOps and Security teams at Enervee. Currently, the DevOps team consists of the CTO and a Senior DevOps Engineer. Over the next year, we are looking to add 4 more DevOps Engineers, a Security Engineer, and a Director of Infrastructure to our organization. The goal being to have a DevOps Engineer on each of our 4 current scrum teams, while building out a DevSecOps team that consists of 2 DevOps Engineers and a Security Engineer.
If you're curious to see how we're structured today, and what our hiring plans are, here is a link to a public Google Sheet document:
All of our EC2 servers (about 100) are configured using Hardened CIS CentOS 7 benchmark images and fully managed using Ansible. One of the big infrastructure shifts we'd like to make though, is moving towards infrastructure as code. This means employees no longer having access to create or modify AWS resources via the console, but instead having everything configured through code using Terraform.
We need to start using AWS Organizations, and set everything up in these new organizations to be fully configured using Terraform. We need to lay down a foundation so our teams can spin up new resources in these new environments, and once the foundation is in place for our teams we need to move our existing VPC resources to these new organizations/environments.
Our Current Tech Stack:
- Python, Django, AngularJS
- CentOS Servers (monitored with Telegraf, InfluxDB, Kapacitor, and Grafana)
- Kubernetes (EKS in AWS, monitored with Prometheus and Grafana)
- FortiGate and pfSense Firewalls
- Hashicorp Vault
- macOS for employee computers (using jamf as our MDM)
- Log Management is AWS CloudWatch and Elastic Search, but we're exploring Splunk and Sumo Logic
- Other tools we use include G Suite, Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, and Sentry
Why You Will Love Being Part of Enervee
- We celebrate diversity, encourage innovation, and provide transparency
- Sustainability is our business model as well as our mode of operation
- People are our greatest asset and we want to empower you to help achieve our vision
- We are led by an experienced team passionate about professional development and growth
How We Care
- As a business, we prioritize inclusion and equity, encourage diverse perspectives and experiences, and ensure that everyone across all identities (race, color, sex, age, natural origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, ability, etc.) is welcomed, respected, and valued.
- Every employee has a stake in our mission with the opportunity to participate in Enervee’s Equity Plan
- We care about the present as well as the future and provide a 401K retirement saving plan with an above industry average Employer Match
- The well-being of our employees is pivotal, and we address this through various initiatives:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Plans (100% Employer paid for Employees and at 50% for Dependents)
- Employer Covered Life and AD&D Insurance
- Access to Health, Well-being, Personal Development and Counseling Resources
- Unrestricted Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Online Lunch Program available
- Mission aligned company events, including volunteering.
- We aim to equip you with the best tools and environment, along with a choose your own devices program where you pick your preferred computer, monitor(s), keyboard, mice/trackpad, etc.
- 10+ years of technical engineering/systems experience
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- You consider yourself well versed with:
- Linux (CentOS)
- You have a passion for automation
- You follow the scout rule, leaving the environment cleaner than you found it
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈