(Senior) DevOps Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Our products and services support on-premise DevOps and ALM solutions; we provide our own hosting services and we integrate with 3rd party hosting providers. Our DevOps team is growing and we are looking for a qualified DevOps engineer. If you are interested in working with a company that has a global DevOps and Agile foot print with the opportunity to work with leading edge tools and processes, please read on.
About the role
This role can be fully remote, provided you are based in the United States or Canada.
This role is for a DevOps engineer that understands the DevOps mindset and can help shape and develop infrastructure and full lifecycle, automated, product delivery solutions. You will be utilizing your knowledge and experience in software development, systems administration, development operations, performance monitoring / reporting, and Agile to build high-performance, scalable solutions for our customers.
You will be supporting DevOps initiatives and developing systems and software to create automated build environments, and full Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment solutions. Understanding configuration management and infrastructure as code are key to the success of this role. You will understand and work well in Agile environments and have hands-on experience with DevOps and full lifecycle ALM tools, including administration, configuration, development and deployment.
You will represent Adaptavist as a Subject Matter Expert and guide our customers to success.
- Be the technical face of Adaptavist to our customers and serve as a lead to guide development teams to automation and Continuous Deployment.
- Develop, configure and administer DevOps and ALM solutions.
- Systems administration of Linux and Windows based environments.
- Evaluation and integration of IT systems and development tools, and replace where needed.
- Identify and address system performance bottlenecks in high availability environments.
- Perform configuration management duties and develop infrastructure automation code.
- Evangelize best practice DevOps and Agile within the broader organization.
- Provide technical support to developers around tool usage and build environments.
- Provide guidance to establish and implement build methodologies.
- Create and maintain build automation and deployment code for production environments.
- Integrate software tool-chain into a Continuous Integration environment.
- Must have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into servers, databases, load balancers, operating systems, networks, build automation and related code.
- Self-starter, independent thinker - able to work autonomously.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment or independently as needed.
- A background in software development with a diverse range of experience including coding, test automation, managing and configuring databases (both relational and non-relational), and system administration.
- Hands on system administration experience with Linux, Windows Servers, Apache, IIS, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Hands on experience with the following or related technologies: Git, BitBucket, Subversion, Crucible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Jira, TeamCity.
- Hands on experience administering Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible, etc.).
- Hands on experience with scripting (perl, bash, python) and software development (Java, Node JS, Angular).
- Experience with Atlassian plugin development.
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP, and related cloud architectures.
- Atlassian Certifications
- Atlassian plugin development
- AWS Certifications
- Cloud Bees Certifications
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certified
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come.
- Flexible Hours and Remote Working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Top Spec Machines
- Company Pension Plan
- Healthcare Plan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈