Senior DevOps Engineer (Codefi)
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA, UK, Ireland
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, developers, crypto and DeFi investors and users. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments. Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (digital assets, payments, workflows, data, staking). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
As Senior DevOps Engineer within ConsenSys Codefi you will be joining a world reference technical team with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications (Ðapps) and supporting development and production infrastructure. Your job will be to ensure the best possible evolution of our infrastructure, you will get highly involved in our code deployment (CI / CD) and setting-up, configuring and running development and production infrastructure across multiple products and critical applications.
This position requires a combination of technological skills, pro-activity, problem solving & creativity, pedagogical methodology and team spirit. It involves collaborating with others DevOps and QA engineers of Codefi and also cross-functional product teams (made of PO, developers, solution architects), working on multiple types of problems & challenges, empowering development teams on a day to day while thinking strategically and planning for platform growth.
- Hands-on DevOps engineering skills and mindset
- 5-7+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer and/or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and containerization
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Gitlab CI, Jenkins, or CircleCI)
- Experience as a developer/familiarity in one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with monitoring systems (ELK, EFK, Prometheus)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Experience with Linux and Bash scripting
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers, web application firewalls, ingress controllers) and cybersecurity practises
- Experience with setting-up highly secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Ability to operate in a decentralised team and remote working environment
- Strong documentation practises
- Understanding Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience deploying blockchain networks and applications
(Dapps or Enterprise blockchain-based APIs)
- Experience with Kubernetes build automation tool Skaffold
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, Docker and package repositories (Harbor, Bintray, Nexus)
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA, UK, Ireland.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈