About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
Grafana Labs is seeking a Commercial Counsel to join our dedicated and collaborative legal team. The primary responsibility will be to review, advise, and negotiate a variety of enterprise b2b commercial agreements for both domestic and international deals. This critical role will also support broader legal matters, such as legal policies, channel programs, privacy, maintaining commercial legal form agreements, and other cross-functional matters.
- Review, advise, and negotiate a variety of enterprise b2b agreements, including complex outbound commercial license (SaaS and On-Prem), data processing (GDPR, CCPA), business associate (HIPAA), information security, professional services, channel partner, non-disclosure, and other commercial and technology related agreements.
- Take a practical, creative and proactive problem-solving approach to efficiently close deals while advising business leaders on acceptable risk.
- Occasionally collaborate with outside counsel on complex or Customer paper deals, as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business teams on legal, regulatory, and corporate matters, such as company policies, data protection and privacy, revenue recognition, and other compliance and operational matters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business teams, such as finance, support, and security to efficiently resolve commercial and operational matters, including the launch of new go-to-market structures and programs / other projects as required.
- Assist in creating and improving our form agreements and playbooks, as needed.
- Contribute to the development of workflows and processes needed to efficiently scale the legal team, such as those related to the negotiation and signature of final agreements, and the tracking of contractual obligations in those agreements.
- Create and present training materials to business teams on a variety of issues, including, legal best practices, efficiently engaging legal, and current legal/regulatory issues, as required.
Qualifications (Must Haves)
- JD / US law degree and bar admission in good standing in at least one state in the U.S.
- Member in good standing with a state bar3+ years of commercial legal experience
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time