1 month ago
Hiring from: USA and Europe only
Category: Finance / Legal
Location: Remote. Europe or Americas preferred. Must work EU and Americas friendly hours.
To reinforce our commitment to customers’ privacy Platform.sh is looking for an experienced Compliance Specialist with excellent English skills eager to live in the world of GDPR, PIPEDA, and CCPA as well as participating in PCI, SOC 2, and related assessments. The role is focused on executing our Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC), and Privacy, programs.
You will be a part of the Compliance team under the supervision of our Security, Compliance and, Data Protection Officer. The long term objective of this team is to grow into a PrivacyOps team and we would like your help to do that.
CIPP/E or other similar certification, or the ability to become certified within 6 months of hire, is required.
- Do everything necessary to maintain compliance with existing standards and regulations
- Implementation and monitoring of certifications and legal regulations
- Monitoring of new compliance regulations/changes and taking action to avoid possible legal risks or situations where our customer data is inadequately protected
- Reporting of governance activities
- Management of internal and external relations and reporting (communication, information, training)
- Tracking and updating our data in OneTrust
- Coordinating with the Security Team to efficiently process new tool requests.
- Vendor compliance management including securing GDPR Data Processing Agreements, and analyzing their internal security certifications
- Performing annual vendor and corporate asset registry review
- Performing Business Continuity Analyses like Business Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, and Privacy Impact Analysis
- Preparing monthly security & compliance newsletters
- Compiling data for, and participating in, monthly risk management and threat review meetings
- Creation and modification of documentation, policies, and training materials.
- Driving closure of compliance tasks for employees
- Answering compliance-related questions and questionnaires
- Reviewing compliance news and assessing the impact to Platform.sh
- Assist our Data Protection Officer in carrying out data protection activities
- Secondary responsibilities include:
- Automation of compliance tasks to reduce the internal compliance burden
- Automation compliance with legal requirements (PrivacyOps)
- Improvement/enhancement of our processes and tooling to provide more meaningful and actionable results
- Assessing and submitting privacy and compliance-related product improvement requests
- Help Platform.sh gain additional industry certifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking, and documentation skills
- Highly proficient with GDPR
- Working knowledge of CCPA
- CIPP/E or other similar certification, or the ability to become certified within 6 months of hire
- Experience analyzing contracts, terms of service, privacy policies, and data processing agreements
- Previous work experience in an international organization
- Vendor Management
- Creating Security Awareness and Privacy Awareness presentations
- Team Leadership
- Creating and reviewing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of
- SOC 2
- ISO 27000 + ISO 27701
- Cloud Technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP, OVH, and Orange
- General contract law
- Ability to kick ass in Chess or beat Zork without using a map
- Can bravely take on new challenges like a Gryffindor, analyze problems like Ravenclaw, protect our personnel and client data like a Slytherin, and talk with clients like a Hufflepuff.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback, and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Adobe, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble, and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Europe only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈