1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Finance / Legal
At Capdesk, we're about to rewrite the history books on how companies use equity to empower their people. By unlocking the power of equity, we can change finance for good.
With equity made more accessible, businesses can unite employees, owners and investors through shared success. It might sound revolutionary, but it shouldn't. It's about time.
In the last few years we've quietly become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for private companies to digitise their equity information and manage and issue employee equity schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
We recently launched a first-of-its-kind secondaries market to take our mission even further. Now, employees can turn vested shares into equity as and when it suits them – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
Employee Equity Schemes are broken and have been since the industrial revolution; it's time to create a world where everyone can be a stakeholder.
Capdesk is now remote-first (#2020) but mostly spread across Copenhagen and London where we still have bricks-and-mortar offices – though applicants are welcome from everywhere!
We're a lean team, so every hire is extremely important to us. We're looking for each newcomer to strengthen our mission, our team and our culture – and challenge us to get better.
We've just raised £3M in funding, and we have over 1000 of the hottest scale-ups in Europe using our software. We're gearing up to go further, across Europe and beyond. That's where you come in.
You'll be joining a fantastic international team, working directly with our CIO Martin and CEO Christian to define and execute a world-class finance function. In this role your responsibilities will include:
Leading & building the finance department from scratch
- Managing external partners
- Staying on top of all finance tasks including payroll, annual leave, compensation, bookkeeping, reporting, compliance, tax and VAT
- Overseeing system integrations that process financial data
- Owning and reporting on financials to authorities and shareholders, employees and board members.
Managing the company budget
- Tracking budget versions and actuals
- Calculating runway projections
- Undertaking scenario modelling
- Develop departmental budget processes and own the successful implementation of these
- Spotting opportunities for cost-cutting and budget increases, in line with business priorities
- Working with the executive team to implement budget decisions
Having the experience to push your vision for the future of Finance
- Thoughtlead on anything finance and equity-related. Bring Capdesk's internal knowledge level to new heights and also go out and sway the world with deep, technical talks and/or other outbound activities.
- Participate in fundraising (as driven by our CEO), especially due diligence and economic forecasting/modeling.
- Handle financial and compliance details of employee hiring/termination, vendor/contractor engagement/termination, and assist with the contractual and financial details of other commercial agreements we strike, such as partnerships.
We're looking for someone who is not only confident with all things numbers and data, but also a bit of a visionary in how the future of Finance could and should look, to be specific, the skills and experiences we're hoping you have are:
- You will “get your hands dirty” and implement yourself, as well as delegate, organize and include external partners.
- You have been through the startup growth journey before from Series A onwards, this wouldn't be your first rodeo
- You know what it takes to run a business in a financially compliant way in a company that spans DK, UK and other European countries (soon: globally) and can take responsibility for ensuring that compliance. If there is something you do not know yourself, you know that you do not know it, and know where to find external expertise to cover that need.
- You have great time management skills and are able to discern projects from operations. You have business acumen and are able to always focus on the relevant.
- You have worked with scenario modeling before and you have the technical proficiency to implement advanced models. You're not a programmer, but you have basic understanding of scripting, system integration and data management - you have a tech-savvy approach to the data you manage.
- You quickly master new systems, technologies and processes and are not afraid to, for instance, learn how to use a new technology or switch from one system to another.
- You speak and write English fluently.
- You're a natural and creative problem solver.
- You're a supportive team member, always looking to help those around you.
- Positive, solution-oriented and assist the rest of the organization with their needs. Share knowledge. You contribute actively to a great atmosphere and good teamwork, and you set a positive example for others.
- The scope of your tasks and responsibilities will depend on your capabilities and ambitions. Feel free to blow us away.
- You are ambitious, analytical and collaborative.
- You have a relevant degree within business or finance and relevant work experience.
- You have deeper capabilities within legal and can help us produce and assess legal documents as well as ensure legal compliance.
As a Capdesk employee, you can expect:
- A competitive base salary (75-90K GBP depending on experience)
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Quarterly company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials)
- To join a team of seasoned senior and hungry junior professionals.
- Responsibilities, ownership and independence from day one.
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈