Open to candidates based within 3 hours of Sydney, Australia’s timezone (AEST/AEDT).
What is LIGR?
LIGR.Live, our cloud-based plug and play sports broadcast platform, has completely transformed the livestream sports landscape and made it possible for more than 1,000 sports organisations in 80 countries to self-produce their live sport. Our customers love LIGR.Live because they can add stunning TV-quality animated graphics to their livestreams or broadcasts in a matter of minutes – but we are much more than a simple graphics platform.
LIGR is the only all-in-one sports broadcast solution. Our users can access powerful automation and collaboration tools, live scoring and in-game stats, fixture and asset management, integrated sponsorship and advertising, and built-in tracking and reporting. We’re also working on more exciting features, such as video mixing and production, automatic replays, automatic social posts, and more advanced advertising tools for sports sponsors.
LIGR is VC funded and backed by prominent angel investors. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people to join our team who value collaboration, growth and learning.
What’s the role?
Over the next 12 months and beyond, LIGR will be embarking on an ambitious product development journey, with a plethora of new features planned to be built and delivered to continue our promise of being the only all-in-one sports broadcast solution. As a Product Owner, you will be crucial to executing these plans, and we are on the hunt for the right individual to join us in embarking on this next phase of product development.
Your focus will be our users, working from real-world problems to create solutions that meet our customers’ needs. You will work cross-functionally to guide products and features from conception to launch by connecting the technical, customer and business worlds. You should be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- Develop and deliver on product roadmaps that align with LIGR’s vision, product strategy and commercial targets.
- Write stories, development briefs, acceptance criteria, and define test cases.
- Be an expert on our target users, how they interact with our product, and how they use alternative products through research, market analysis, data and customer feedback.
- Speak with customers one-on-one to understand their feedback and use this information in planning, designing, and implementing new features.
- Assist in the production of concise internal documentation and help centre articles for customers.
- Setup and manage procedures and systems for tracking and managing sprints, backlog and roadmaps.
- Ruthlessly prioritise, coordinate delivery schedules and ensure consensus.
- Scope and manage planned, existing, or ongoing major and minor product releases.
- Work with marketing and creative to produce relevant content showcasing the product and new features.
- Act as a scrum master with the engineering team - planning deployments and discussing blockers with engineering throughout the workday.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a product owner or manager on a SaaS product or other product related to sports technology or broadcast technology.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and a strategic mindset, with the ability to communicate vision and manage diverse stakeholders.
- Understand the balance between quality and getting things done.
- Experience creating product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams.
- You have a strong UX mindset with an appreciation for seamless, simple design – and a ruthless passion for protecting it.
- You have a technical background, can speak an engineer’s language, and can understand the trade-offs.
- Can demonstrate your understanding of agile methodologies, requirements gathering, prioritisation, identifying and addressing constraints, dependencies and risks.
- You have experience in delivering data and insights-based products.
- You are customer-centric and can balance customer satisfaction as well as the commercial outcome.
- You use analytics and data-driven measurement to inform decision making.
- You are customer driven and have a passion for speaking directly to customers.
Desirable attributes (non-essential):
- A basic understanding of live video production and accompanying technologies
- A background in engineering or product design
- A general understanding of sports and/or broadcast
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun, creative environment and learning from the best technical minds in the sports industry, we offer:
- A competitive salary + ESOP (depending on experience)
- The chance to work with global sporting bodies, sports leagues, sportscasters and broadcasters
- Remote work
- A role at a start-up sized company, where you can make an immediate impact
If you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time