Senior Product Manager (f/*/m)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Frontastic is looking for a Senior Product Manager (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis (min. 80% FTE). We’re a remote first company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone. We will consider applications from candidates in Europe (UTC to UTC+2).
You will drive the product strategy and execution to take our Frontend-as-a-Service product to the next stage. To aid you in this challenge, you will be supported by a small team of product managers plus our UX lead and UI designers.
- Take ownership for Frontastic’s frontend SDK and the whole web frontend development experience for our customers
- Ensure that we deliver a cohesive developer experience starting from documentation to tools, to APIs, code examples
- Working with customers and the whole Frontastic engineering team on distilling common best practice around frontend development into a cohesive and easy to use product
- Close collaboration with peer product managers, who are responsible for Frontastic’s frontend editor and the backend integration
- Driving an agile product development process in close collaboration with the Frontastic engineering team
- Own the process of managing product ideas, and evolving them into a state that can be prioritized
- Constantly evaluate the performance of products and features
- 5 years+ of relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in the internet/software industry
- 3+ years experience working for a Cloud/SaaS software company
- 3+ years experience with the role as a product manager or as sales engineer
- Basic web developer skills or technical education is a huge plus
- You can communicate with developers at peer level
- Possess a strong understanding of an agile product management and development process for a startup in the initial growth face
- Capable of translating a product strategy into continuous execution with incremental improvements
- Ability to communicate on the customer side with technical leads and engineers including given basic product demos
- Good communication skills externally with customers as well as internally with stakeholders, peers and engineering team
- Good listener and advocate for the customer needs with the ability to translate them into a product strategy
- Hands-on attitude across the whole product cycle
- A strong growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management, with the ability to influence others
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an Impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for Learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity Rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re In This Together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration is key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency First: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
We’re a remote first company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical debt low.
- The same goes for us as a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We have put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you are available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement. We do not require you to take off your local public holidays. You can choose to do so if you wish, or if your local laws require you to do so
You may notice that there is no salary listed here. This is intentional, we want to hire the best talent possible, and will consider all applications on their individual merit. Since we currently work from 12 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why-me” to firstname.lastname@example.org and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈