Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to-use API allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in minutes.
Our Series B was led by Sam Altman, CEO of Open AI and former president of Y Combinator, and Jack Altman, CEO of Lattice. Additional investors include Flexport as well as angel investors, including Max Mullen (Instacart), Joe Gebbia (Airbnb), Aaron Levie (Box), Marc Benioff (TIME Ventures), Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash), Lachy Groom (formerly of Stripe), Scott Belsky (Founder of Behance), Nick Mehta (Gainsight), Wade Foster (Zapier), and many more.
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact. We’re a fully remote startup with our team working from a city they love across the United States and Canada.
About the Role
The Senior Product Manager, Growth is an experienced growth product manager with a track record of delivering seamless and compelling experiences to acquire new customers, ranging from those who are exploring Routable to those who are signing up and learning the product. We know that growth as a function has a lot of different meanings; at Routable, this person will be the product manager for a product development pod that will be responsible for instigating Routable growth in a pivotal time as the company continues to expand it’s mid-market product offerings. You will be supporting our marketing function by delivering top-of-funnel experiences for prospective customers, and also ensuring that our customers have a fantastic first impression when signing up and onboarding on the product.
In this role, you’ll combine quantitative results, such as those from A/B testing, with qualitative research and customer insights to create month-over-month lift for our business. In addition, this person will be our first growth hire, and as such, you will shape how we approach growth at Routable long-term. 💪
- Create and own the Growth product vision, strategy, and roadmap that delivers step function change in how customers discover, try, and buy Routable.
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing on our top-of-funnel needs, while also being able to translate that into a great onboarding experience.
- Define, understand, and improve key growth funnels and metrics.
- Operate within the Product, Engineering, and Design process.
- Own complex features and experiments end-to-end, including defining product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and presenting insights and results with the company.
- Lead a product development pod, partnering closely with your team to ship improvements on a regular basis.
- Some specific examples of the work you’ll be doing:
- Suggest and create experiments in partnership with Sales to optimize leads
- Collaborate with marketing to adapt landing pages and messaging
- Provide recommendations based on your observations on how we can improve our marketing spend
- Implement product tutorials, in a non-intrusive manner, to help onboarding
- Redesign our onboarding flow to be more efficient for our customers
- 5+ years of direct product management experience in a growth capacity, including working specifically on top-of-funnel projects that drive improvements for sales.
- Ability to operate at multiple levels, from day-to-day individual contributor work to multi-month strategic timelines.
- Strong user experience sensibilities and familiarity with UI best practices.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with tools for doing data analysis to drive decisions and improve product
- Experience conducting user research to identify pain points and educate product design.
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects.
- Experienced in planning work for both product development as well as more rapid and tactical experiments.
- High oral and written communication proficiency.
- Comfort presenting to senior stakeholders and owning a roadmap that provides real business results.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
The Senior Product Manager, Growth reports directly to the Head of Product.
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based on our ability to embody them.
💞 Engage with Empathy: Have empathy and a deep understanding for your peers, and our customers. This means no ego and cultivating relationships by actively listening to each other's needs.
🤝 Volunteer Assistance: Helping others is always a priority, even when it is not immediately related to the goals that we are trying to achieve. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness for our remote team.
💪 Own it: We are all company owners and we act like it. We make data driven decisions and jump at the opportunity to be accountable. Taking action when you see a problem is our default state.
🛠 Build with Purpose: We are collectively building the product and company of our dreams. We are intentional with everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve. We sweat the details.
🧬 Expect Authenticity: We do not compromise our values when it comes to our team and our customers. We champion originality. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up twice a year as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities! In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin. We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices. During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems. Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room.
Note: we have paused our meetups due to COVID-19 and will resume when it is safe for everyone to attend
🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
⛑ Employer paid Life, STD and LTD benefits
💲 Competitive salary
📈 Stock Options
💸 Work from Home Stipend
🚀 We're a remote team
🏝 Flexible vacation policy
Routable welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community of Routers. Routable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time