Mobile QA Automation Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
—————This is a %100 remote position—————
We are still hiring remotely even through the Covid-19 epidemic. We are looking for people from Asia, Africa, South America, Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
Duelit is a venture-backed mobile skill gaming platform that allows users to bet with their friends on the games they play. Our app allows people to compete with each other playing simple games like replicas of Candy Crush, Tetris, Beer Pong etc. all within one app. What's special with our app is that we send the winner their money via PayPal! We also organize eSports tournaments, where many users can compete to win a big cash prize. We are a small team, and work 100% remotely!
We are currently looking for an experienced QA Engineer, that will own the whole QA process from integration testing on the server by setting up continuous integration framework, to scheduled app testing with automated tests for both of our iOS and Android apps.
In this role, you will get to be in the front-lines of an early-stage venture-backed startup! You will have the autonomy, as the QA Lead, to make your own decisions, and grow with the company.
- Lead the QA process, by designing, developing, and implementing the QA infrastructure
- Utilize both manual and automated testing strategies
- Manage bugs, including identification, logging, tracking and triaging
- Implement Continuous Integration (CI) system on the server
- Create automated mobile tests for our iOS and Android apps, that will be scheduled to run daily, using a mobile app testing platform, such as Firebase Test Lab or other similar tools.
- Write and execute test plans
- Define and refine requirements with product managers and the rest of your team
- Provide feedback to the team on the potential risks and mitigation tactics of their intended approach
- Work with the team to manage risk and reduce it to an acceptable level
- Understand project requirements, elicit feedback, and refine solutions accordingly
- Work diligently in a virtual team environment, with leaders and teammates located around the world
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize applications for maximum performance and scalability.
Required Skills and Experience
If you lack some of these skills or experiences, we would require you to show us that you can learn the skill fast, or have a very similar skill or experience. The hiring process involves coding challenges to test your technical skills.
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience.
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Need to have access to both iPhone and Android devices. Without having devices from both platforms, it's not possible to be hired.
- Perfect English, both written and verbal
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience in Automated Mobile App Testing platforms
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration (CI) platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Firebase and many tools and functionalities it comes with, especially Android Test Lab
- Experience writing test automation
- Worked with applications that interact with remote APIs (via REST, RPC, etc.)
- Can write clean code with excellent documentation and unit test scripts
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn new systems and technologies as required
- Motivated to write quality, readable code.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic virtual environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while also being a great team player
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Worked before in a remote environment
- Proficient in version control systems such as git and BitBucket
- Worked with agile methodology before, and done testing in an agile environment
- Additional experience with or knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Game development experience
- Gaming company experience
- Unity experience
- SDK development experience
- React.js and Angular.js experience
- Knowing Spanish is an asset (we have many Spanish speaking people in the team)
If working remotely, and being part of the core team of a venture-backed early-stage startup excites you, and you are ready to grow with us, apply!
Just to note, as we hire from around the world, and we work 100% remotely, the wages we offer are not US/EU wages. If you are from these regions, the wages would probably not be what you expect.
You can download our iOS app from the App Store and our Android app from our website at www.duelit.com, check us out!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈