Test Automation Engineer
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world. We help people save up money automatically. In fact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking. Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too. You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money. As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates. This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
If you want to join us, we always want to hear from anyone who believes technology can make saving effortless, easy and fun. We’re growing fast, and we have some very exciting plans. So we need Test Automation Engineers to help us make them happen. NB: Expected start date 1st September
We are looking for a very talented and dedicated Test Automation Engineer to help us build out a world-beating feature set. Joining our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for testing new front-end, rest-api backend features and microservices both manually and by automation; as required and identified at the planning sessions to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers which helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced backend and frontend developers.
- Creating Test Automation Feasibility Review, Test Automation Approach, Test Automation Plan, Test Automation Strategy.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers and other specialists within and outside your team to ensure requirement clarity and quality-first mindset.
- Identify test scenarios, create test cases and document test results.
- Be the quality voice/evangelist within and outside your team.
- Write and maintain tests for both manual and automation.
- Estimate the testing required, reporting status and issues within your team using the system in place.
- Know when to escalate issues/bugs that are not getting the expected attention.
- Integrate and generate reportings from the CI tooling after automated test executions for visibility.
- Document software faults and liaise with developers until the software is ready for release.
- Perform detailed manual and automation testing of in-house applications using industry-standard techniques.
What we’re looking for*:
- Proven track record of experience writing api automation tests.
- Proven track record of working in service oriented environments.
- Proven track record of writing consumer driven tests. (Contract testing).
- Strong understanding and experience of using SOLID principles.
- Strong understanding of creating and using mock servers.
- Strong knowledge of mocking test dependencies and inversion of control concept.
- Strong of understanding of OOP in C#/JAVA.
- Strong grasp on SDLC and STLC with a DevOps approach.
- Experience in Continuous Testing.
- Exposure to mobile application testing.
- Knowledge of using charles or any other debugging tools.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Aside from all the technical skills at Chip, our culture is very important to us and a high factor in recruiting the right skilled individual to join our existing teams. We look for soft skills as much as we equally look for technical skills that require you to work and coexist very well within our existing setup. If you believe you have the right technical skill and attitude, then we can’t wait to receive your application.
- £50,000 - £60,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Take home technical task
- Final Interview and chance to meet your new peers
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈