Hello! My name is Kyle and I head up the Partners Team at Customer.io. We're taking on a new effort to grow our ecosystem of qualified agency partners. Agency partners play an important role at Customer.io - from supporting our customers who require extra services, to creating introductions to their clients, and enabling our team to continue to grow the things our agencies do well – and now we're looking to expand upon that.
We're looking for a Channel Account Manager who can help support our partners, train and guide on Customer.io and #agencylife best practices, with a focus on stimulating new sales for Customer.io through these relationships. If you're someone who as been in a CAM role before or helped any services agency reach their goals, this role may be a good fit for you.
Some things you'll do:
- Manage partner relationships and build a sales pipeline by working with your partners to exceed sales goals
- Become a Customer.io Product Expert and onboard and train our agency partners to become experts as well
- Manage customer<>agency partner relationships while identifying and mitigating churn risk accounts
- Create and provide Customer.io trainings and sales enablement resources
- Coach agencies on how to close
- Close new business at or above quota level by identifying partners who are willing to invest both time and money in leveraging our software and training
- Leverage partner relationships to generate a funnel
- You've had agency experience or experience helping agencies reach their goals
- You've had experience working with or for SaaS company
- You've worked on a partnership team in the past
- You have the technical chops to understand and teach a technical product
- Sales and public speaking are something you understand and enjoy
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries
- You’ve got a thirst for knowledge, and are keen to understand our app
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit: You work best when there is less structure and enjoy the process of building something from scratch
- You enjoy the process of setting challenging goals and creating a plan to hit them
What we're looking for:
- A background in software, working with or along side an agency
- You've worked in sales at some point in your career
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), high emotional IQ, and a drive to achieve
- Flexibility to adjust your day-to-day to fit with the most critical tasks on hand
- Personal success stories of building partner programs that drove positive ROI
- Thirst for knowledge, a hunger for continuous learning, and innate curiosity
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,100 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $88,000 - $108,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST October 11th and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by October 15th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute video call with Kyle, Head of Partnerships
- 45 minute video call with potential co-workers
- Project Scenario - One Week to Prepare
- Project Scenario - 45 minute team interview to discuss
- 30 minute final interview with Kyle, Head of Partnerships
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.