Field Application Scientist, Dallas
1 month ago
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
The Field Application Scientist is responsible for performing system usage trainings at customer sites, while providing experimental design, data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support for their region. The Field Applications Scientist will be a key contact in conjunction with in-house Technical Support for responding to issues and maintaining relationships with customers. The primary goals of this position are to ensure rapid adoption and maximum customer success with 10x Genomics’ products.
What you will be doing:
- Perform as the technical account manager, acting as the point of contact between the customer and company.
- Keep customers apprised and trained on advancements in 10x technology and software.
- Coordinate and perform customer site trainings and demonstrations
- Identify, document and communicate customer complaints and concerns to management.
- Contribute to white papers and documentation with the goal of expanding support content.
- Scientifically partner with customers as they develop their research utilizing 10x technology.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers to cultivate long term relationships
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Key, is the ability to manage expectations while exceeding the customer’s needs.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments.
- Interpret customer needs and identify the proper issue escalation pathway within 10x.
- Support field sales team at trade shows, seminars and technical symposia. This will include presentations and networking with thought leaders.
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
- 5 years lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- Broad knowledge of genomics, biochemistry. Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Familiarity with SFDC software. Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Must be willing to travel as needed for this particular role.
- Ability to manage a large territory.
Nice to have skills & background:
- D. or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 years customer facing experience preferred
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience preferred.
- Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈