Junior Business Development Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
IXON may still be a young company, but since our start in 2014, we have rapidly grown into a major international player in the industrial sector. We’ve made promises, and delivered on them. In doing so, we've created trust. With partners, with customers, with our employees.
Keeping machines running, that's why we do it. A machine builder’s job used to be done after delivering the machine. Nowadays, they remain involved throughout its entire lifespan. All to ensure that the machine runs as optimally as possible. But how? By connecting the machines to the cloud, in a platform in which all machine service and maintenance is managed. With the IXON Cloud platform and supporting hardware, we deliver the technology, so the machine builder can focus on what they do best: collaborate with clients, provide service, and share insights.
What will you be working on?
This role is a new position in IXON’s core sales team and supported by our UK Sales Manager, you will help drive our ambitious plans for growth within the UK. In this role, you will be involved in the full sales cycle and all activities related to finding and acquiring new B2B customers, as well as looking after existing accounts and helping toshape our marketing strategy. Initially, the majority of your time will be spent identifying, qualifying and contacting leads on a primarily outbound basis. You will use a variety of new business acquisition methods, including cold calling, email and LinkedIn, with the aim of booking product demonstrations. After 12-18 months, as you successfully win and onboard clients within your territory, we expect your time will shift to a more balanced split of account management and business development.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Proactively identify, qualify and contact new potential prospects;
● Responsibility for the overall success of IXON in the South of England;
● Book live or online product demonstrations showcasing IXON’s solution;
● Follow up on inbound leads generated by marketing activity in your territory;
● Produce weekly and monthly reports detailing your sales progress;
● Provide first line customer support;
● Attend trade fairs, industry and networking events;
● Keep the Salesforce CRM system up to date;
● Continually learn as much as you can about IXON, the solution, market, competitors customer segments — all specifically to the UK;
● Proactively look for and suggest areas we can improve in (product, processes, positioning, pricing, documentation, etc.).
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter and team player who can hit the ground running, working through our database of existing prospects while constantly identifying new targets.
Given the importance of B2B prospecting in this role, you will need be resilient, not take no for an answer and be constantly thinking of ways to get IXON in front of the right decision makers. You should have a highly confident phone manner, preferably with a year or more of experience in a sales role.
You will need the ability to understand and explain technical aspects of our solution as well as multi-task and manage many prospects at different stages of the sales cycle.
Does that sound like you? If you also meet the following requirements, you're just the person we're looking for:
● Based in the South of England, with the ability to travel as required;
● Example suitable locations: Bristol, Swindon, Reading, Cambridge, Southampton;
● Have a suitable ‘home office’ location to work from;
● Fluent English speaker with strong communication skills;
● Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently;
● 1+ Year experience in a sales environment (preferred);
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferred);
● Valid UK Driving License (required).
In return, you will receive:
- £25,000 - £30,000 basic salary (dependant on experience);
- 24 days annual leave + UK bank holidays;
- A company car (on completion of 3 months probation);
- Company laptop & phone;
- An opportunity to progress within the company and shape your role;
- A yearly personal development & training budget.
Working at IXON
You’ll work remotely with 50+ colleagues across Europe and closely with the UK Sales Manager. Together we deliver a team effort. We value transparency, freedom and (personal) development. That’s what you can expect from us. In return, we expect honesty, responsibility and flexibility. By working together we bring out the best in each other. Because on your own you can create something great, but together you can go even further.
A common philosophy is central to our work: Think Big, Start Small, Scale Fast. Our team is focused on making an impact – from day one. Set goals, roll up your sleeves and get cracking. But don’t worry, we never forget to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Whether it's a table tennis tournament, Christmas breakfast or a relaxed Friday afternoon drink, we always have a good time along the way.
Want to get in touch or apply for the job?
Do you have any questions or doubts about the job opening? Please get in touch with Krissie Vercoulen via +31 85 744 1105 or email@example.com. Want to apply for the job? Send us your resume and cover letter by clicking the button below.
Agency interest to this vacancy is not required.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈