🤔 Why are we opening this position?
GitBook - https://www.gitbook.com/
- is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard, suited for modern work and collaboration. GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams
such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google and backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC.
We're currently working on a next product step to redefine "core team work" and with this in mind we're looking for a Technical Account Executive based in North America to help us deliver a stellar buying experience to our users.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience, you will be focused on creating qualified opportunities for Account Executives by fully qualifying "Enterprise level" sales opportunities. As an individual contributor your goal will be to bridge the gap between self-serve opportunities and upmarket opportunities. How will you do it? By closing small sales with a focus on annual plans to help reduce churn and also create efficiencies with Account Executives.
On a daily basis, as an Inbound Sales Development Representative you will be:
- Qualifying and engaging inbound leads (contact forms, signups, sales support requests).
- Performing account-based marketing outreach to connect with the right individuals
- Handling requests to completion so that Account Executives can me more efficient in closing sales.
- Closing small sales with a focus on annual plans.
You will be valued for :
- your past experience working in a Product-led growth organization.
- your past experience prospecting for SaaS tech product or dev-tools. You will be interacting with a tech audience on a daily basis.
- your ability to thrive in a task and goal-driven sales environment
- your deep understanding and genuine curiosity about tech enabling you to rapidly understand the in and outs of GitBook and how it can benefit each potential customer. Our audience is technical and we need to make sure you would enjoy learning more about its ecosystem and workflow. We need you to be a tech enthusiast.
- your capacity to network and build relationship with accounts.
- you are exceptional at staying organized and being able to prioritize.
- your motivation and can-do attitude to achieve goals in autonomous and fast paced. environment. Ideally, you've been an early sales team member. In any case you draw your motivation from things left to be crafted, and you're not afraid of missing pieces in processes.
- your amazing succinct communication skills in English both written and spoken.
- your extended level of empathy allowing you to adapt your communication to different type of users. This role will require you to carefully assess the existing workflow and provide the "right" solution to it. We don't want a laser-focused approach to sell the product at any cost. We want happy customers.
- your level of resilience as you understand an Inbound SDR within a transactional environment requires high input to only get few outputs.
- your ability to thrive in an asynchronous and remote working environment.
✨ What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
Here's what our process will look like:
1. Discover call (30min) with Adrien, our Head of Customer Experience to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
2. Technical interview (45min) with Alex (Account Executive ) and Rémi (Head of Data) to deep dive about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
3. Workshop (60min) that includes a written assignment and a mock call involving Alex, Mark (Account Executive), and Adrien.
4. Workshop (60min) around a mock demo involving Adrien, Alex and a member of the engineering team.
5. The last discussion will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to learn more about GitBook history, ambition and culture.
💲💲Compensation: GBP 36,000 to GBP 41,000 or equivalent in your currency.
🌎🌎 Location: Remote Europe (CEST)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time