🤔 Why are we opening this position?
GitBook - https://www.gitbook.com/
- is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard, suited for modern work and collaboration. GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams
such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google and backed by top partners such as P9 Capital, Notion Capital and Fly VC.
We're currently working on a next product step to redefine "core team work" and with this in mind we're looking for a Technical Account Executive based in North America to help us deliver a stellar buying experience to our users.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
Our Sales team ambition is to guide prospective customers through the buying process as well as to educate them about the possibilities of our service.
On a daily basis, as a Technical Account Executive you will :
- handle North America's inbound sales requests (prospective and existing customers) from various sources (Intercom, Contact Forms, Account Management).
- Grow existing customers. You will successfully navigate the customer's organization, create, and close upsell opportunities.
- manage short sales cycles (< 2 months) with an average contract value of $6000. From beginning to closing as well as making sure that the CRM is up-to-date.
- hold Zoom meetings with prospective/existing customers to understand their business challenges and goals.
- educate prospective/existing customers through short but technical demos.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Team to identify upsell opportunities.
You will be valued for :
- your past experience working in a Product-led growth organization.
- your past experience selling SaaS tech product or dev-tools owning the entire sales-cycle and successfully engaging with a tech audience.
- your deep understanding and genuine curiosity about tech enabling you to rapidly understand the in and outs of GitBook and how it can benefit each potential customer. Our audience is technical and we need to make sure you would enjoy learning more about its ecosystem and workflow. We need you to be a tech enthusiast.
- your capacity to successfully guide prospect through the buying process. In short your ability to close deals.
- your motivation and can-do attitude to achieve goals in autonomous and fast paced. environment. Ideally, you've been an early sales team member. In any case you draw your motivation from things left to be crafted, and you're not afraid of missing pieces in processes.
- your amazing succinct communication skills in English both written and spoken as you're able to make great presentation that generate engagement.
- your extended level of empathy allowing you to adapt your communication to different type of users. This role will require you to carefully assess the existing workflow and provide the "right" solution to it. We don't want a laser-focused approach to sell the product at any cost. We want happy customers.
- your level of resilience as you understand an Account Executive role within a transactional environment requires high input to only get few outputs.
- your ability to thrive in an asynchronous and remote working environment. You'll be one of GitBook very first team member in the US. This is an exciting opportunity, yet a challenging one!
✨ What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
Here's what our process will look like:
1. Discover call (30min) with Morgane, our Talent Manager to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
2. Technical interview (45min) with Adrien (Head of Customer Experience) and Alex (Account Executive) to deep dive about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
3. Cross-team dive (45min) giving you the opportunity to meet with Natasza (Customer Success Manager), Mario (Head of Growth) and Mark (Account Executive)
4. Workshop (60min) around a mock demo involving Adrien, Alex and a member of the engineering team.
5. The last discussion will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Samy (co-founder) to learn more about GitBook history, ambition and culture.
💲💲Compensation: $80K-$120K + $80K-$120K OTE
🌎🌎 Location: North America
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time