1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
The Remind Engineering Team works together to solve fun technical challenges, embodies our value of finding a way, and open-sources projects like Empire and stacker. The main tools we use in our backend include Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, and many AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc).
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
Remote work ok within +/-3 hours of Pacific Time.
Some of the projects that backend engineers at Remind have worked on this year:
- Improved and scaled a messaging system that's sent over 10 billion messages to teachers, parents, and students
- Built a graph service to power the relationships of nearly 30 million monthly active users
- Built out standardized tooling for increasing the fault tolerance of our distributed services, including tiered load shedding, circuit breakers, and back pressure mechanisms
- Moved a significant amount of traffic to a GraphQL proxy to serve as an API gateway as we move from monolith to a service-oriented architecture.
- Created a declarative permissions system to make authorization code easy to read and write
- Increased the stability of our chats database by introducing a write-through buffer using Redis
What will be critical to your success as a backend engineer at Remind:
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
- You have shipped multiple production systems as part of a team
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complex problems and seeing them through to DONE
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You write clean, scalable code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
- You have built scalable, performant, highly available services and understand the value of a good SLA
- You understand the importance of writing pragmatic, comprehensive unit and integration tests
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈