1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA and Colombia only
Category: Software Development
FullStack Labs is a leading software consultancy seeking creative and skilled developers to join our fast growing team. Our mission is to design and develop technology that improves the lives of its users, while providing an exceptionally high level of service to our clients.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
Our team of 90+ professionals is distributed across our four offices in California, Washington D.C., Medellin and Barranquilla, Colombia. Additionally, many of our team members who aren’t located near one of our offices, work remotely. We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with health insurance, overtime pay, PTO, etc.
What it’s Like to Work at FullStack Labs
FullStack Labs is a software consultancy. If you come to work at FullStack you will be a software consultant. Companies hire consultants to help them solve problems that they are incapable of solving on their own. So by definition, the problems that companies hire us to solve tend to be hard problems. Ultimately, solving problems is what we’re hired to do, and building technology is how we go about doing it. So as a software consultant at FullStack, your job will be to help us solve our client’s problems. To do this, you will need strong problem solving skills in addition to strong technical skills. Problem solving often comes down to being able to figure out solutions to problems when no obvious solutions exist. This ability to “figure it out” is often the most important skill possessed by our top performers. If you like solving problems and helping people, then you will enjoy being a software consultant.
FullStack provides three primary types of consulting services to clients: 1) Design and develop new web and mobile applications; 2) Take over development of existing, legacy applications; 3) Staffing and team augmentation. As a developer at FullStack, each project that you work on will fit into one of these three buckets. Some of our projects are relatively short (3 months or so) and some of our projects are long term (3 years). So depending on the length of the project you are assigned to, you may spend a lot of time on one type of project (a long term staffing project for instance), or if you’re assigned to shorter term projects, then you may jump from project type to project type more frequently. We’re looking for developers who are flexible and willing to work on all three types of projects, and are open to working on both long term projects and short term projects.
What Are We Looking for?
- A minimum of 3+ years of professional software development experience. 5+ years preferred but not required.
- 1+ Year of professional experience working with Ember.js.
- Demonstrated experience building complex Ember applications
- A four-year college degree is required.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Forensic attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You're a team player that works well as a member of an agile team.
- 100% remote job (even after COVID-19)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with 4% match
- Overtime / bonus pay
- Health Insurance
- The ability to work with leading startups and Fortune 500 companies in the USA
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work as part of small team, which will include other Ember developers, a project manager, a QA professional, and a designer.
- Complete two week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via Slack, Zoom, and email.
- Track your time throughout the day using Toggl.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of Ember developers that share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
- Follow FullStack's detailed development process.
Why FullStack Labs
We’re a medium-size team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation with overtime pay, paid vacation, government benefits, etc. This is a full-time, salaried position (not contract or freelance).
Since 2013 FullStack Labs has helped companies of all shapes and sizes — from leading startups to Fortune 500 enterprises — design and develop web and mobile applications that transform their businesses. Our 90+ person team of exceptionally talented designers, developers and consultants are distributed across the USA and Colombia.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Colombia only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈