1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
- Magnify the impact of multiple teams of software engineers and open source contributors in their implementation of complex, distributed systems and protocols
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy
- Lead, improve, and steward engineering practices (technical design, implementation, release, and iteration) for our working groups to minimize developer friction and blockages
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and adjacent teams to build a shared understanding and accommodation of competing priorities
- Empower engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigour through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices
- Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, rigour, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Advocate for and enhance PL’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers for your project, in collaboration with PL’s recruiting team
- Support and guide other people-managers at Protocol Labs as a member of PL’s young engineering management discipline
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams
- Technical credibility through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems & infrastructure
- A strong desire for and history of contributions to open source projects and communities
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams
- Actively coached, mentored and grown team members in their careers
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people to your teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Protocol Labs towards our shared mission
- You have experience with or deep knowledge of globally distributed systems, cryptography, blockchain or other related domains
- Demonstrable open source community curation and leadership experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈