Engineering Manager - Scalable Product/ E-Commerce
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Software Development
Scalable Product/ E-Commerce Organization
- Organization - Scalable Product/ E-commerce Organization
- Location - HSR Layout, Bangalore
- Experience - 8-14 Yrs
- Education - B.Tech./ B.E.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate software engineering manager with proven track record in delivering web and mobile applications to production, to lead a cross functional team consisting of front end (web & mobile), full stack & backend engineers. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and your Engineering team to help define and execute on projects.
- Build complex, scalable, high transaction products
- Actively participate in the design and architecture process for new services across teams
- Instrument your services with metrics and tracing
- Participate in code reviews within your team and frequently with other teams
- Lead a team of talented engineers building scalable, distributed, and highly performant services
- Deep organization capabilities, especially in influence, collaboration and communication with ability to develop strong alliances cross-functionally
- Adoption of engineering best practices and development processes within team.
- Lead/guide the team through sprint(s) scoping, resource allocation and commitment. Making sure there is an alignment between the sprint objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Software development experience in customer-facing scalable product/ecommerce organization building fault-tolerant, distributed backend services
- 3+ years previous experience leading or managing a technical agile team building services, data systems, APIs and web applications
- Able to lead, influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business partners
- Strong understanding of developing complex data solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python and multi-process architecture
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google, Azure) and solutions
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related dev process
- Experience with monitoring and debugging production APIs (New Relic, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, automation, software design
- Ability to identify and resolve both people and process related issues
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈