1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
We're looking for a Front-end Developer to join our team to help grow our start-up SmartrMail.
About SmartrMail ⚡️
The standard in email marketing sucks, especially for commerce. As a merchant, you're either stuck with a basic platform that sends bulk newsletters your customers hate, or you can upgrade to an enterprise tool which you pay too much for and will never have time to properly configure.
At SmartMail, we make the next step in email marketing for small-to-medium merchants easier than the first. Like our merchants we're a small team with big goals. We understand what it's like to have limited time and resources, and build an easy-to-use email marketing app that saves our merchants' time and delights their customers with better personalized email that gets more sales.
We're a small team of 16, spread across Australia, Europe and South Africa, but growing fast. We care deeply about technology, a great user experience, and making life better for ecommerce merchants. We're rated 4.8/5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ on the Shopify App Store and Capterra.
The role is remote okay, but we do require that you have a 4 hour minimum overlap in your work day with our technical lead in Lithuania.
- One main Rails app, 3 Vue apps (not microservices)
- Current stack: Rails 6, Postgresql, Redis, Vue.js, Nginx, Passenger, Sidekiq, Google Cloud
What the role will focus on
- Front End Development (using HTML, CSS, JS and Vue) of features within our email composer and other Vue apps
- Create workflows and components to enable beautiful, and consistent designs to be built and implemented quickly by the team
- Work with other developers to ensure that their backend code (Rails) supports the requirements for the frontend
- Advocate best practices and well tested reliable software
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas and taking the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Bug fixing and support
What you will bring to the role
- 3+ years’ experience in a Front-end role
- An expert in Vue.js
- Experience with Rails, you don't have to be an expert but you should be comfortable writing Rails code
- In their element writing elegant CSS and implementing pixel perfect designs
- Passionate about design principles and understand how to convey them to other developers and designers
- Be able to solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our frontend experience
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Clubhouse)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
Nice but not essential
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with e-commerce or HTML email development
Why Join SmartrMail?
- Build an awesome product that people love
- We're a friendly, flexible remote team and have a flexible work environment
- Work anywhere you like
- We care deeply about technology and a great product
- We run a yearly retreat. Our first one was in Lisbon in 2019.
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing start up
Office locations: Remote-first. However we do have offices in Australia (Melbourne & Adelaide) and Lithuania (Vilnius & Kaunas)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈