Lead Backend Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Aiven is a cloud technology startup launched in 2016 and headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Aiven’s mission is to enable businesses to build awesome, data-intensive applications with self-managing data infrastructure on the cloud, leveraging leading open source technologies. We democratise access to open source databases and data technologies such as Apache Kafka and Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL and MySQL with our managed cloud services.
Aiven in a nutshell:
We are open-source and cloud experts
Our platform delivers bullet-proof data ops
Global service footprint & support organization
Security in our DNA
500+ customers in 50+ countries
$50M in VC funding
Senior Backend Developer (Python/Linux)
We are now looking for fully remote experienced backend developers to work on our cloud operations platform turning the best open source technologies into frustration-free cloud services. You’ll be part of a team working on the Aiven cloud platform, improving its scalability and reliability, implementing new features as well as extending our product portfolio of open source data technologies.
Our philosophy is to automate everything and to avoid repetitive manual work in everything we do. Our own backend systems are mostly implemented in Python with bits of Java, Go and C. We offer and operate a number of complex open source databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and Apache Cassandra as well as other open source data technologies like Apache Kafka.
We are looking for self-driven developers who are enthusiastic about programming and willing to help others. We value analytical problem-solving skills and an openness to new ideas.
Key requirements for success in this role include:
- Excellent development skills in Python
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience on using Linux in development
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
What we value:
- Experience and interest on infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of security (software, networking)
- Distributed systems knowledge
What we can offer:
- A dynamic startup environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Participation in our employee stock option plan
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Home Internet subscription
- Private health and dental care
- Sports, cultural events and massage benefits
- Remote work support (working tools)
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your GitHub profile.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈