Lead React Native Developer
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: +/- 5 hours max from UTC
Category: Software Development
Vialma is a streaming service dedicated to classical music and jazz. Our mission is to give anybody, at any given point in time, an unforgettable and enriching experience with music and arts.
Vialma is searching for a senior React Native Developer who is enthusiastic, passionate and proactive. In this role, you will be actively involved in the development and the decision making of the mobile application.
- Code and maintain our mobile application for Android and iOS
- Lead one intermediate mobile developer
- Improve, maintain and document mobile development practices, tools and processes
- Closely collaborate with our CTO, our project manager and our backend engineers to design and build out our application
This is a remote position in a distributed team available from a location with ideally around 5 hours in sync with the UK timezone (UTC+1). You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with our goals.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and we are committed to build a welcoming place for all. If you belong to an under-represented group in tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
Your key tasks:
- Coding, testing and maintaining our main React Native application
- Build, deploy and maintain the automated deployment (Bitrise) for both Android and iOS
- Lead another mobile developer, perform code review and give constructive feedback
- Compiling documentation frequently
- Making the application compatible to main mobile devices
- Advise the Product Owner and the CTO with astute technical and design choices
If you are:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Not afraid to ask as many questions as you need and not afraid to say “I don’t know”
- Able to learn and tackle things you have never seen before
- Experienced with a full-remote or distributed team
- Not necessarily a classical music or jazz expert. We prefer people who are passionate about making complexity accessible to all.
- Ambitious, benevolent, professional and creative
Then, consider applying for this position at Vialma! Even if you do not match all of these requirements, contact us and express your interest.
This position is ideal for someone rigorous who is looking for ownership on the technical side of a mature mobile application.
What’s the team like?
The Vialma tech team is an open-minded enthusiast group of 7 people working together from various places in Europe (UK, Poland, France) and India. We make a product that meets both convenience and performance, with high-quality code and processes. We work in a transparent and respectful manner, with regular contact with the CEO and the other teams (14 people total). We limit the number of meetings to a reasonable amount and adjust the processes in place when needed. The team owns the processes, not the other way around! The Product Owner, the Project Manager and the CTO are partners who give each of us the right information at the right time: each teammate is empowered to make a big impact. And of course, we have retro meetings where we can share good or bad experiences, for the purpose of continuously improving. You will report to the CTO, who will follow your progress and achievements on a regular basis.
- A friendly, helpful team where you will feel appreciated
- Flexible work time (as long as you let us know before)
- Various ways to grow your skills
- A high level of autonomy and accountability
- Many technical challenges to tackle
- A complete technical stack with reduced legacy code
- Work anywhere you want. Optionally, we have an office in London if you want to visit
- Have access to millions of classical and jazz music to listen to
- Monthly online social gatherings
- 25 days of annual leave
- Potential to grow within the company and get promoted
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: +/- 5 hours max from UTC.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈