Machine Learning Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
Wavo is looking for intermediate and senior machine-learning engineers to join our engineering team.
Digital advertising, technology, & data are changing the way artists & brands approach advertising. With Wavo you will get the rare chance to create services that will be used by today’s top artists, managers and brands to help them grow their business through Wavo’s advertising, analytics, and business automation products.
Wavo’s engineering team is small and efficient, and while we work to a high standard we don’t over-manage with specs. We strive to build a workplace where everyone works hard and gets passionate about the big challenges.
We can promise you will never be bored. We are constantly experimenting, testing new approaches and challenging ourselves to master new skills. We try to think outside of the box and build an environment that’s both exciting and meaningful.
About The Role
Wavo is looking for an intermediate to senior Machine Learning engineer to work on the Music Intelligence Platform team's music and marketing analytics platform. You will tackle the challenge of deriving insights out of the vast amount of music data Wavo has collected over the last several years. Your models will help the worlds leading artists reach more of their fans and will help emerging artists break out in the music industry.
Collaborate with a diverse team of data scientists, data engineers and software engineers to develop new machine learning models for the music industry. Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers on the team.
- Technically strong, with 3+ years of experience developing and shipping models used in production environments
- A good communicator and enjoy interacting with people
- Have a high degree of software engineering proficiency with Python
- Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, pyTorch or Scikit-Learn for production or commercial products
- Highly collaborative and work well with a team
- Machine learning domain knowledge - strong understanding of various model families, bias-variance tradeoff, exploration/exploitation, etc...
- Naturally curious, enthusiastic and have a strong desire to learn and improve
- Specific experience working with forecasting and time-series machine learning projects
- Experience working with pySpark
- Experience with Amazon AWS machine learning related tools and workflows including SageMaker, SageMaker Studio, AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote enabled environment
- Are comfortable having ownership and control of a project
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Competitive Equity
- Group health and dental insurance plan
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Free tickets to shows and festivals
- Delicious office snacks
- Company outings & activities
- A dynamic work environment
- Being a part of innovation at the nexus of music, marketing/advertising, and technology
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈