NodeJS API Developer - Platform
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
*This position can be 100% Remote, but US-based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
DI is seeking an individual to serve as a NodeJS API Developer for the Company. Reporting to the VP of Platform Engineering, the API Developer will be responsible for creating scalable technical solutions that will help Dealer Inspire create a fully integrated product platform.
- Complete and maintain our in-progress API to help deduplicate data and sync products together.
- Work alongside the Software Architect to establish an open source culture of engineering excellence.
- Set the foundations for future APIs to sit at the center of Dealer Inspire.
- Active development of APIs that are central to our company’s success.
- Document each project as an open source project, helping to establish contribution guidelines while giving our stakeholders and understanding of how to utilize our APIs.
- Develop high-availability, scalable solutions to each domain. These APIs can become a single source of failure, so scalability is vital.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of NodeJS / ExpressJS development experience
- 2+ Years working within an event-driven microservice architecture.
- 4+ Years working with databases both SQL and NoSQL.
- 2+ Years experience building REST APIS.
- 2+ Years working with containerization solutions like Docker
- Strong empathetic communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and independent problem solving skills.
- Experience working with AWS as a cloud hosting provider.
- Experience utilizing gRPC as a replacement for traditional REST APIs.
- Experience with Kafka or another event ingest method.
- Experience with microservice design patterns, especially within the event driven world.
- Experience understanding the pain points of getting a new team off the ground and best practices for establishing a culture of engineering excellence from day one.
- Experience running a mildly popular open source project and the documentation of said projects that allow it to be easily adoptable.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈