Principal Java Software Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- At Railroad19, we build custom solutions and provide our clients with top-tier development services. We are a specialized team of developers and architects, which means we only bring an “A” team to the table. Our culture is built on hard work and a desire to be thought leaders in the industry, which is what sets us apart.
- When you join Railroad19, you are a part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, all while offering you a work/life balance and great company culture! We are currently are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY, but consist of a distributed team throughout the United States.
- This is a Full-Time position with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package which includes ample time off, full medical, dental and vision packages, 401K and more.
- This role is only for those seeking Full-Time Employment (NO- contractors, Corp-Corp or 1099)
- This role remote in the LA region
- Collaborate with business leaders and product teams to fully understand the end-user, product needs and business requirements
- Work with other development teams to leverage current technologies being used while leading the efforts to introduce and implement new tools and technologies best suited for user preferences and project needs
- Lead a team of around 4+ high-performing software engineers, by identifying and assigning new technical feature work
- Take the lead in setting up new technologies and training developers on how to use them
- Create unit and automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with the many distributed systems throughout the organization
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand your solutions
- Maintain cloud-based platforms and environments for supported applications by monitoring and troubleshooting issues related to data and patching functionality, etc. or production environments when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independent and motivated self-starter to think critically to decipher user preferences vs. hard requirements to deliver solutions for complex solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead, delegate tasks, and ensure a scrum team is working at maximum efficiency to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience building software using AWS technologies, which include serverless and managed services
- Strong experience with Java development, particularly with the new functionalities of Java 8 and microservices
- Experience with Core Java development and Java toolsets such as Hibernate ORM
- Experience with AWS and tools to build/test/and deploy software solutions such as Git, Jenkins, and/or Docker, etc.
- Knowledge of Unix Administration
- Competent working in secured complex network environments both on-prem and in AWS
- Must be living in the LA Region
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈