(Senior) Backend Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Mobalytics’ mission is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In two years we’ve achieved a lot, but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any development challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers, because we love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for League of Legends and other video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us. The team is distributed all over the world, but for this position we prefer that you to are close to the heart of our operations in Marina Del Rey (not mandatory, Legendary developers please still apply!).
As a Senior Engineer, you are the architect who will build the very foundation of our product. The code that you write will be the cornerstone for all the magic that players see when they get Mobalytics insights and data visualizations. We are focused on League of Legends right now, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, then you are definitely in the right place with us.
- 5+ years experience in application development projects with a focus on innovation
- 3 years of hands-on experience in building cloud-native ready solutions
- Experience in building high load production systems based on microservice architecture
- Golang as primary language for microservices with solid confidence in it
- Knowledge of C++ is a big plus
- gRPC / Protobuf experience
- Experience with message brokers (Rabbit MQ or NATS or Kafka)
- Deep understanding of SQL (Postgresql )/NoSQL (*Cassandra DBs is a plus)
- Ability to navigate large existing code, and improve it as it changes
- Knowledge of frontend stack is a plus (react+redux)
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- We’d love it if you are someone who plays the games we create our tools around currently, but are open to legendary developers who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, but that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for passionate communities of competitive gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈