(Senior) Backend Software Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Switzerland
Category: Software Development
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to work on creating the world's best app to create a photo book. You will be responsible for the backend and the interface to the client apps as well as third-party services. We are an experienced and fast-moving team who pays attention to details and wants to make our solutions as great for our users as they can be.
- 5+ years experience shaping highly scalable systems. Or can demonstrate similar proficiency
- Experience in architecting complex backend structures, APIs and data delivery mechanisms
- Senior experience in monitoring, profiling and improving system performance.
- 5+ years of professionally building production-grade, large-scale web software
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases, like Mongodb or Firestore
- Experience working with Google Cloud and Firebase infrastructure and services
- Experience with service-oriented systems communicating with RESTful API interfaces
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good communication skills to express ideas and opinions
- High quality standards of coding
- Open to testing new and crazy ideas
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or similar
- Basic knowledge of the Apple iOS Framework and Swift programming language is a plus
- A friendly, competent, fast-moving, and multi-national team
- Flexible working hours
- Job security: We are seeking only reliable long-term employees with permanent contract.
Please send your application in English and make sure to include a link to your Github/Bitbucket account and/or examples of stuff you are proud of. No recruiter offers wanted!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Switzerland.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈