Senior Engineering Manager - Event Intelligence
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
- Oversee a distributed team of highly motivated engineers spanning all experience levels, from first-time intern to principal engineer, and managers.
- Collaborate with the Event Intelligence team on setting the product and technical roadmaps along with plans for getting us there.
- Work with engineering, product, and UX stakeholders to facilitate project delivery.
- Work with other engineering managers to help drive cultural changes across the organization.
- Recruit, hire, and retain the best talent.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging, and addressing production issues as they arise.
- You enable and empower a team to do great work beyond what you could accomplish on your own. You’re not a micromanager.
- You understand the balance between planning out work and just getting things done, between getting your hands dirty and getting out of the team’s way.
- You have experience helping your team consistently ship value to customers. You go out of your way to make sure that you articulate that value within as well as outside of the team.
- You have experience hiring talented senior engineers and supporting them to do impactful work. You have also hired and developed junior engineers to realize their full potential.
- You have excellent ability to communicate in all directions of the org chart, and understand the importance of laying out context for the team instead of prescribing solutions.
- You have 5+ years engineering leadership experience, including managing team leads or managers.
- You have a proven track record of leading, improving, and managing healthy and high achieving teams.
- You have experience leading technical discussions that can be understood by teams of all levels.
- You have experience introducing new and innovative changes to tools, patterns, and/or architectures when it’s right for the team or company.
- You have a deep understanding of agile principles and how to apply them effectively.
- You have a proven track record of collaboration with peers to get successful outcomes for the company.
- You can still code if needed. Although, coding won’t be the primary function of this role.
- You have worked on large-scale systems and know the pitfalls that can come with under or over engineering.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈