2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia Only
Category: Software Development
DemystData is an external data platform, used by major financial institutions, AI platforms, data exchanges, consultancies and other large enterprises to better discover, test, and deploy third party data solutions. Clients leverage our platform to find and test new data to solve for numerous business problems around automation, fraud prevention, marketing and customer decisioning, to name a few.
We are looking for a skilled senior developer to join our Melbourne team and help lead development on several key client projects for household names in APAC. Reporting to the Director of Technology Solutions, your responsibilities will be to develop projects in league with client requirements and be the subject matter expert for the technology utilised therein. As Senior Developer, you will be tasked with being the "Goto Person" on a number of different projects.
These are exciting times for Demyst - we're growing rapidly in the APAC region, so if you're looking to join a team and company that are poised for great things, this is the role for you!
The role will be a remote based (work from home), role however due to client location you must be physically based in Melbourne as once COVID restrictions are over we will have to visit the clients site regularly.
- Develop and maintain codebases for big-name clients in line with agreed deadlines
- Ensure that coding standards are followed and maintained (including code reviews)
- Become the “go-to” for technical and development queries
- Become the subject matter expert for the platforms developed
- Take Technical Leadership responsibility and guide the team to success.
- Demonstrable* 5 years+ Full-stack development experience in Node.js (including some frameworks like Express etc)
- API integration experience
- Strong exposure to AWS products (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, S3)
- Familiar with CI/CD, and managing deployment pipelines, using TravisCI primarily.
- Strong Git experience including branching & PR workflows (e.g. git-flow)
- PM Tool experience (JIRA, Github issues, Asana)
- Collaborative attitude, great communicator & problem solver
- Understands globally distributed teams and asynchronous communication methods
Experience in the following will be highly regarded:
- Previous Lambda development experience
- AWS Certifications / Significant AWS experience.
- Xero / MYOB / Intuit API Development experience
- Banking / Consultancy experience
- Python Experience
Applicants will be expected to have a completed LinkedIn profile and be able to show examples of their participation in the development community. This can range from a body of work that they have produced in the form of a Github repository, personal website, portfolios, articles written, Stack Overflow participation etc.
If you don’t have this kind of public persona, please aim to provide (and be prepared to present) some examples of private work you have built. We are all geeks here and would love the opportunity to see some of the genius you have created!
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
- Put your own mark on the process
- Be a part of the exploding external data ecosystem
- Join an established fast growth data technology business
- Collaborative work culture
Recruiters we love you but we have an in-house team recruiting for this role thanks.
DemystData is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈