(Senior) Ruby on Rails Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
We are looking for an experienced RoR Developer to join our team and help us deliver cool features, fast for a new project. Are you an experienced developer looking for a new challenge?
We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team of 70. We’re proud of the way we get great work done. Our clients love working with us and we partner with them on long-term projects. Our teams are engaged and excited about our work.
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team
- Hard technical challenges where you can take ownership of the solution
- A team where your thinking and your contribution really has an impact
- A productive and non-frustrating work environment from a focussed adherence to our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps getting good work done)
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people - on this and on other projects.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Meetups in our Barcelona offices for our remote folks
- Competitive rates
- A long term working relationship: this project, then others.
- Working within a fast moving team (working ~11am - 8pm Central European time) of both backend and frontend engineers.
- Building challenging business logic on top of open source libraries.
- Designing clean APIs and often interfacing with other legacy backend systems.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential. This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers!
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - whether that’s across the room or across the globe. We make the work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on cool projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems. And we do that across multiple clients - each and every one we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈