(Senior) Software Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Why this Role
The Common Services team works across the business to be the critical link across the suite of products CloudBees offers. We creatively solve problems between business functions with resilient modern software. The team mission going forward is to deliver product lead growth through our website with both content and experiences that delight developers.
What You’ll Do
- Work on a full-stack SaaS team with your focus being on the back-end services.
- Platform mindset to integrate all CloudBees products with focus areas including:
- Event and metrics data acquisition
- Identity and user management
- Customer state management
- Subscription management
- Work closely with the Product and Operations team to design, develop, and deliver organization-critical services and tools.
- Application modernization to build the new stuff to replace some old stuff
- CloudBees is the hub of enterprise Jenkins and DevOps, providing the fastest path from ideas to software with smarter solutions for continuous development and delivery.
- We build our business on Jenkins by offering enterprise solutions, professional services, and our customer range from the blue chips to small innovative companies
- We work on various projects in different areas. We are flexible about changing teams and assignments according to the interest and passion of engineers.
- Our Engineering teams are distributed by design. You can work from one of our offices or remotely without feeling disconnected
- You have an opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communities during your working time
- We work with a wide variety of emerging technologies including, Docker, Kubernetes, cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, etc.), ElasticSearch, etc.
- We offer an attractive benefits package including stock options
What The Role Requires
- Backend development experience (e.g. Node, Groovy, Java, Ruby, etc); past experience working on mid-to-large sized Node applications.
- Results-oriented with a continuous delivery mindset
- Spoken English fluency and strong written communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with GraphQL and RESTful API practices and other backend web patterns.
- Experience building complex applications with modern best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews, etc.)
- Continuous Delivery
- Containers (K8s and Docker)
- Considers themselves a hacker and will do whatever it takes to solve the problem
- Understands the principles of software craftsmanship, writing clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems under deadline pressure.
- Operations/Systems Administration experience a plus.
- Ability to work with a distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Bonus: IAM experience
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems so that they can better serve their customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈