Property Meld's vision is to radically improve how the property management industry handles property maintenance. If you've ever had a maintenance issue at your housing rental, you know how much of a pain it can be to get it fixed quickly and reliably. This pain is felt by everyone involved, from the resident to the coordinator to the technician doing the actual repairs. It doesn't have to be this way.
Our mission is threefold:
1. Provide a positive experience for all participants in the property maintenance process
2. Intelligently improve efficiency
3. Deliver transparency and a sense of control
We’re a small but growing company with funding and hundreds of happy customers. Over the past five years, we’ve homed in on the challenges our customers face when running their maintenance department, namely, running an efficient maintenance department requires cooperation, communication, and the ability to see through the fog to focus on what actually matters. The stakes are high for our customers. A bad maintenance experience is the number one reason renters move out when they otherwise wouldn’t have. If property repairs take too long or cost too much property managers are on the hook both financially and legally. With over 30 million units for rent in the United States alone the opportunity is sizeable.
Your contributions will be critical to the success of our customers and Property Meld. Our core product is a multitenant web application that services hundreds of thousands of users. You’ll occasionally wear multiple hats and will need to quickly come up to speed on various parts of the application. You can expect to be responsible for the entire lifecycle of a given project – that is, engineering design, estimation, development, deployment, and monitoring. We’re pragmatic about engineering decisions and prioritize rapidly and consistently delivering value to our customers above all else.
You’ll have the freedom to choose how to solve problems, given the constraints of the business and infrastructure. With this freedom, you’ll be expected to make sound decisions and to swiftly iterate on them until they are either successful or we’ve learned a new direction would be more prudent. Many of the challenges you will encounter won’t have any low hanging fruit left. As a result, you’ll need to design and implement solutions that have a higher degree of difficulty than initial glance might suggest.
What you might work on
- Scaling, hardening, and adding to our partner integrations
- Adding features to improve the workflow for maintenance coordinators
- Improving the CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Designing and implementing an analytics platform for our users to measure the performance of their maintenance operations
- Building a real-time data pipeline
What might make you a good fit
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- A bias for action
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work with leadership on translating initiatives into product features
- You can anticipate the technical needs of the application and work to communicate those to their stakeholders
- Have shipped high-quality production software at scale
- Experience with any of the following: Python, Typescript, React, Relational databases, NoSQL databases
Pay and benefits
Candidates MUST be eligible for full-time employment in the United States.
The product team at Property Meld is a remote-work organization. We require 4 hours of overlap time, daily, with the Mountain Time Zone. The position is 99% remote, with the following non-pandemic exceptions: Once a year, the total company gets together for a week of getting to know each other and to better understand the big picture of the company and how we work in each department and role. Two times per year the product team gets together in the same physical location to get to know each other better and work through interesting challenges together. In addition, once a quarter, on your schedule, you are expected to visit with a customer and shadow them learning how they are using and not using our product.
We value diverse points of view and know that our differences make us stronger, we believe in fostering a place to work that is open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who are under-represented in the tech industry, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender, and sexual identity, or any other basis.
Our benefits package is designed to be a part of our employees’ story of living well. We believe in our culture of trust and respect, where we have reasonable working hours, vacation time used for rejuvenation, employee wellness & health, and employee development,
· Healthcare through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
· Dental through Delta Dental
· Vision through Avasis
· 401K through Guideline
· Competitive Compensation Structure
· Three Weeks PTO annually, and allotted upon hire
· Personalized Remote Work Equipment- You select what equipment will work best for you
· Travel Opportunities- Meetups with the company 1-3 times a year