Senior Software Engineer II
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing payroll, benefits, and other third party systems. As our Senior Software Engineer you'll lead the team in building out HR platform offerings as well as automating our complex business workflows.
- Gather technical and functional requirements of product
- Scope, design and own project delivery
- Identify and manage appropriate level of communication with key stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure testing coverage, sufficient documentation, timely delivery and proper maintenance of final product
- Perform support and maintenance activities of existing systems including but not limited to bug fixes, library upgrades, back-end tools to support the Product Operations team
- Recruit, train and manage a small team of developers
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Python, Java, or other major object-oriented languages, e.g. C++
- Familiarity with object-oriented and functional programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience working on architectures involving one or more of the following concepts and their implementation: XML/JSON message processing, REST API, Object Relational Mapping, asynchronous web services and distributed message queues
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, continuous integration etc..)
- Has experience working on scalable architecture which can handle high volumes of data required for build out of our cloud based platform
- Strong analytical skills and algorithms knowledge
- Experience writing tests for written code (unit tests, regression tests, integration tests etc.)
- Experience with version control system (Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Ability to work both in a self-directed manner, and lead part of a team
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Previous experience with scaling a product, capacity planning or performance optimization is an advantage
At Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.Zenefits is committed to diversity in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈