1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
Engineering at Gaia GPS means being on 1 of 2 small teams. Each team has cross-platform skills (iOS, Android, web, design) and sets its own roadmap in collaboration with user support and marketing. There is a huge frontier of ideas to explore, from core maptech and search problems, to the quest for an easy and engaging UX.
Gaia GPS has recently grown to 23 people, including 12 engineers, 5 people in support/testing, 2 in marketing, 1 UX designer, and 3 managers. The company has a software culture — marketing, support, and management folks do a lot of coding to improve ops and help with the product.
The company is boot-strapped, profitable, and looking to hire at a rate of 1 person per month. It's an interesting time to work at Gaia GPS because of this growth too, as the company transforms to work at a larger scale.
- We heavily favor candidates who do a lot outdoors.
- You must have published complex websites, apps, or other software.
- Experience in our stack is a plus. Our front-end include Swift/Objective-C, Android Java, React, and node.js. Our back-end includes Postgres/PostGIS, AWS, Django/Python, and Docker. We have extensive map building infrastructure based on OpenStreetMap and other open data and tools.
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈